Friday, July 25, 2008

We did it!

The great and terrible race day has finally come and gone. JK. I am happy to report that I did finish the race and without the ambulance carrying me across the finish line. That's always good I say.
I only had a few goals for this race. 1. to finish. 2. not collapse. 3. try and stay with my cousins. 4. have fun.5. more running than walking. Not too much to ask for I don't think.
I'm not sure exactly how many others there were because there were walkers and runners. At least 2 buses full.
The gun sounded and off we went. At lot of people shot out quick and really took me by surprise. In fact the kid, yes KID, who won, literally sprinted out and had to have won buy a long way. I ran next to my cuz Lara who is a great runner, despite just having a baby a few months ago. I stayed with her the first two miles and then I had to slow down and walk a min. I hate walking but it gave me enough break to finish the race. They had everything categorized by age groups so not sure exactly what we took overall, but we each placed 3rd in our age groups. We all did better than we thought we would and my time was way under the hour I had expected, JK! :) I finished in 26 min which is crap compared to my PR but I don't care. I had a lot of fun and I only trained for a few weeks. Next year we decided to actually train and go for the 10k.
I'm pretty sore today but I love it because that means there is still some muscle in these old legs. And great job to all of you bloggers I saw at the race!

1 comment:

Bobbi Simkins said...

yah thanks for beating me and taking my metal! jk. your kids are cute. where did that red hair come from?!