Well, normally I'm not having so much fun that I don't have time to blog, but this weekend proved otherwise. Andy and I never really got a honeymoon because we were in school when we got married and it was the only weekend I didn't have a track meet. So this weekend was basically the honeymoon we never had and it was a blast.
After the dinner cruise we went home and were able to sleep in!!! Now this is very important because we NEVER get to sleep in. It was soooo nice.
Andy was the best hubby this weekend. He's not really a city person but he took me to Manhattan to see a few things. We decided to go to an area we wouldn't really go with our kids so we went to SoHo, Chinatown and Little Italy. It's a completely different and crazy vibe down there but it was great. There are a million little shops and festivals going on. It's a little overwhelming about which place to choose just to eat.
Our first stop was Magnolia Bakery in Greenwich Village. A famous bakery basically because it's been on a lot of TV and movies. We waited in line about 20 minutes for a cupcake. It was a very good cupcake though.
I got this little Key Lime Cheesecake and it was DELICIOUS! I gotta try and do this at home. I'm a copycat so I always think I can. We'll see.
After our yummy treats we stopped by this shop claiming to be the best pizza in the nation, voted by Food Network. The thing about New Yorkers is that they are very hung up on thin crust pizza. I'm not a fan but this was truly probably the best thin crust I've had. Excellent.
We stopped at Washington Square Park which was under a major construction. We didn't take a lot of pictures because we hate looking like tourists. :) It's the one from 'August Rush', where the boy plays his guitar. (I think) They had an outdoor concert going on so we just relaxed and listened to the music. It was so nice, even though we noticed a bum behind us on the grass was sleeping and decided to just roll over and go to the bathroom. Some guy took a picture of him and shook his head and then the dude just went back to sleep. Crazy!
We headed down to Chinatown and then Little Italy. We basically bought a pair of sunglasses and 2 ties. What a waste, JK. We ate at some little place that was pretty good but more importantly, because Andy doesn't really like Chinese food and just an example of how good he was this weekend! There are so many interesting things that we just walked around, looked, and tasted all the strange but yummy things to eat. I just have to say again, my man is on his feet ALL day and hates to shop but he took me all over and didn't complain at all! You're the best babe!
We were pretty tired so we took a taxi back to Penn Station and rode the train home. We got home by 7 so we decided to go see the Dark Knight. I was a little hesitant because I'd heard mixed reviews but just have to say, I LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!
Sunday we went to church and they gave me a new calling, primary pianist. The missionaries have had to play for a while so this will be great.
We then headed to a friends for a BBQ. It was great to visit everyone I hadn't seen for most of the summer. We've also had some new, cool people move into the ward.
Monday morning I got back on a plane and headed back here to hot, dry, small town Utah. It was so great to see my kids. They were asleep in the car and when they woke up they smiled and then looked at me oddly. I got lots of hugs by time we reached the house though.
Payton said, "Mom, do you go see your friend Daddy?" He then said he's excited to go see dad because he is going to take him to a Yankees baseball game. He can't wait dad!
It was sad to leave my hubby again. We're heading back in 2 weeks though so we're going to make the most of our time here. This week should be fun for the kids with all the Pioneer Day festives going on. The kids are so excited to play with all their cousins!!!
I can see a lot of you went on fun trips too so I can't wait to hear all about em.
2 comments:
If you want to copy-cat the Magnolia key-lime cheesecake, you need to get the Magnolia Cookbook. They have one with their cupcake recipe and their Banana Pudding recipe. . not sure what else is in it. . but worth a look.
I'm glad you had such a great time- it's about time you two had a honeymoon! It was so fun to see you again- hope your run went well this morning!
Post a Comment