So, obviously I'm still alive after my first running post....barely. It's still not going as well as I had hoped. I am not a morning person so I go at night and with everything going on, it's hard to go everyday. I finally ran 3 miles the other night! yahoo. Well, if I'm being honest, I ran 2 x 1 miles at the track and then ran the last mile home. But it totals 3! The first two weren't that great but my run home felt really good. Gave me a little confidence boost to keep going. Course I played last night and didn't run so we'll see how tonight goes.
I had to laugh though because one of my cousins called me while at the track. I told him I was running and he said, "Oh, you're doing speed work?"
HA!!!! For those of you who don't know, I used to be a sprinter. I am now 'retired' from that but it cracked me up. You still do speedwork for distance running but girl is still too out a shape for that. He is training for the race too and is in excellent shape. The fact that he is getting married in a few weeks may help too but either way we had a good laugh.
So I'm now down to 13 days before race. We have a group of us who are going to do it together so that will help. I'm not concerned about trying to win, I'm more scared that the inner eye of the tiger will come out and think I can run faster than I actually can. Resulting in me crashing like some deer on the side of the road and the ambulance picking me up. That would be slightly embarrassing. :)
Oh well, I love a challenge!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Running update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are amazing! You have great motivation! I tried to start running again too, nope it's not happening! I think I will just be doing the walk on the fun run!
Post a Comment