Generally we always make some sort of dessert on Sunday. Since my moms birthday is this week we are doing a peanut butter week. If you haven't guessed, PB is her favorite thing. All week I'll be putting up yummy PB recipies, and not just desserts. If you have any favorites, fill free to share.
So today we chose to make Chocolate Chip Cookies with PB chips. This isn't my absolute fav recipe but all mine are at my house so this is what we found here. I have to say, it is very, very yummy though and I'd say it's in my top 5 fav choc chip recipies. (yes, I've tried a lot, I love to cook)
So when we make our yummy treats we always take one to Grandpa and Grandma great. They live next door and the kids love to go visit as often as possible. My grandpa will be 99 is September. He is The Man and is the best lookin old guy in the world, besides Sean Connery of course. But he gives him a dang good run for his money. Sean just has that accent ya know.
So this recipie isn't mine, it's the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip original
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips > or more :)
1 cup pb chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Combine flour, soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugars and vanilaa in mixer until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Sitf in flour mix gradually. Add chips and nuts. Drip by spoon full onto ungreased sheet. bake in preheated 375 for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on pan a minute before removing to wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.
This recipe is best if done with kids and you make the most mess possible. And don't forget your camera!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Peanut Butter Kick-off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Remember those yummy cookies you had of mine when you were down visiting? They had PB chips in them. However, I've tried to duplicate them and it hasn't happened yet. I think I may have to use the EXACT same brand of everything to make them as good as the first batch! I LOVE PB as well. Wish I could enjoy your PB adventures with you!
I agree with you about Grandpa Huntsman being the best looking old guy around. He doesn't even look like he is 99!
MMMmmm Looks good! I will have to try them!
We love cookies at our house!
And nice pic of the fish! I'm so jealous!!! Kristen I used your homemade Oreo recipe and added some andes mint chips in them and took them to my home teaching families, they loved them. Miss you guys.
It's me again--I have to thank Karen H. as it was on her blog that I noticed how to get a background--just had to click on that dang link on the top left corner. I saw all you guys with these "cute" backgrounds and I wanted one!! Finally figured it out--I'm so not computer literate. But, Jaren's impressed--so two thumbs up for me!
Post a Comment