Friday, July 18, 2008

Oops! Oh well, Happy Birthday!

Ok, so I missed yesterdays PB praise. I actually hopped on a plane and came to visit my hubby for a few days in NY. But technically mom, I made two the other day! (One just turned out gross ) ha.
So the flight was nice and I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Normally I'm constantly worrying about making sure the kids are fed, not screaming or whatever. I did crossword puzzles, my favorite, and even got a nap. It was soooo great.
I took Andy to work today, in Jackson Heights. Wow, is that a change from small town Utah. Luckily I have my GPS and it was a breeze.
So, today is moms birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! As a present I left her my kids for the whole weekend. Aren't I the best daughter ever! I swear she loves it. Na, I'll make it up to her but I'm sure their having a good time. We are going to celebrate for her tonight and actually go on a date. Been a long time since we've had one of those without the kiddos. When I get back we'll make lots of fun for mom cause she'll be on vacation. Yahoo! I owe you mom, thanks!!!
I want to give a shout out and tell you just a few great things about my mom.
.......She is awesome. She has followed me around since I was a little kid, supporting me in all the things I did. She'd get up and take me to track practice and hour away at 6am. She went to every single meet or game I had, including several in college.
She hates to fly and comes out here all the time just to visit and help me with the kids. She is alot of fun and even in high school my friends and I loved her hanging out with us. She drove us around to all sorts of fun places. And what mom isn't cool who can rollerskate with her kids???
She is completely unselfish and would help anyone. She even wants to win the lottery so she can give (most)of the money away. :) Course, she hasn't ever bought a ticket....
She has helped us more than we can say and gets embarrassed when we gush about her so I'll just say thanks mom. WE LOVE YOU!! Have a GREAT Birthday!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Your mom IS great. I remember her and Aunt Kay coming and getting me and Debbie to spend the weekend with them in Salt Lake. It wasn't far from home but I felt like we were on a grand adventure. We would always fight over who got to go next it was so much fun. She always lets us stay with her when we go to Enterprise. It's nice to know if we want to go down we have somewhere to stay.

Heidi said...

Yeah!!! It is someones Birthday! I hope she doesnt mind that I might have my baby on her day! HA HA! and if she does Oh Well!!!
Have fun with out your kids its always good to get a break. it reminds us why we had them and love them so much!!!

robi said...

Your mom is always up for an adventure. I remember one Wendy and I had with her to Colorado Springs. I still can't eat black licorice.