Thursday, September 11, 2008

Test 1, to be continued

Yesterday was a pretty fun day. We had a play group with some good friends in the ward and it's always so nice to let the kids just run around. I think we only had to get after them a few times so that's always a bonus.
I realized I still have yet more laundry to do since our bug stint. I had some things I had packed away when we first got here and they all have to be washed and re-packed again. Plus my kids both keep wetting their beds so I'm constantly doing sheets it seems. I still don't feel like we've officially moved in and got everything where I want. Oh well.
Yesterday I did go through a few things though cause our ward had a goods exchange. You donate anything you aren't using or don't really need such as clothing, toys, kitchen stuff, etc. We met at the church and organized it in piles and then we all get to take whatever we need. The rest is then put in boxes and then taken to our stake goods exchange to be held in two weeks where the same thing goes on but for the entire stake. Anything left over is then donated to the Good Will. I didn't go last year and I'm really glad I did this year. I actually can't wait to go to the stake one. I didn't find anything for Halle yet but I got some great clothes for Payton. Most of them are Gap and other name brands I don't know, including a very nice church suit. I'm so excited. Also the big exciting news is that I found a football helmet and pads! My son LOVES football. Everyday he asks what time dad will be home so they can go outside and play. He has wanted a football helmet since last years superbowl and we couldn't ever find a little cheap plastic one. I could NOT spend money on the nice ones cause they are several hundred dollars and he just wants to mess around. Andy couldn't believe it when I told him I got some last night. They will be a tiny bit big but he will love it. I just can't decide if I should give it now or wait until Christmas. I'm so excited for him. Oh the stress of my life! JK
I also attempted to play the organ last night. I actually didn't think it would be that hard just a little different but I was proven wrong. I wanted to keep pushing to sound pedals like the pedals on the paino and had to just put my feet under the bench to cure the temptation. Any mistake you make is doubled on the organ and I surely need to practice more before I will attempt it in sacrament. One of the missionaries there who is the only other person who can play in the ward said he's played it a few times. I asked him for critique and he said, "I'm just here to be a positive infuence." I cracked up laughing! Some songs were better than others though. :) I appreciate all of your comments and help some of you have given. Keep em comin!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Okay I'm still reading your blog- but for some reason whenever I have gone to it lately it has shut down my internet- it's the weirdest thing and it seriously only does it when I go to your blog-but glad to hear all is well and that's fun about the football helmet- I love a good find!

Heidi said...

I am so jelouse! Hunter LOVES footbal he even tries to put on Corbins stuff. The funny thing is one day Debbie had him and he put Trevors helmet on and it got stuck on his huge head! We have taken him to one of Trevors games and I kept thinking he was going to go on the field and join the game. He didnt he just joined in on the team meeting after the game. Hands on hip nodding his head and all. I sure wish you lived closer they could play together. Although Hunter is really ruff,and takes down Brock alot. Hope all is OK!!!