Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sherlocks Birthday

Today would be the 6th birthday of our dog Sherlock. Andy got him for Christmas the first year after we were married. It was a first dog for me and it took a while to get used to since I am allergic to dogs. He and Andy were best buds though. Sherlock was a hunting dog through and through. Andy took him to competitions and on every hunt he went. He was a good dog even though I yelled at him all the time for being so energetic. He could always find a way to get out of the yard no matter what we did. Sadly the day we moved to NY he got hit by a car. He had managed to get out the night before we left and didn't make it back. We were really sad but I was thankful that Andy didn't have to bury him. Since we were gone my uncle was kind enough to do it. We all miss Sherlock and I'm sure he's running around in dog heaven trying to find a way out. :)



1 comment:

Lori Huntsman said...

Ah, you made me want to cry....looking at Sherlock, he WAS a good dog. Boo misses him so much and ya know what, so do I.