Friday, September 5, 2008

Nice Try

Ever watch those "Behind the Music" things on TV. The other day I was cooking dinner and had a funny thought pop in my head. I pictured myself being interviewed by them because Payton was a famous singer. I'm explaining to them what a miracle it is since he could barely talk and how he just knew he wanted to be a singer since he was 3. No I don't really dream of him being famous but it's so funny how much he LOVES music. He would sing all day if I'd let him. My mom bought the Camp Rock cd and he knows all the songs by heart. I'm glad he's passionate about something and I actually really do think it's helped him with his speech. It's just so funny to see him acting out like he's so cool. I have to keep our windows shut so the whole neighborhood doesn't hear. At least he actually really does have a cute voice and can sing on key. Could always be worse I guess.
Sorry this picture is sideways. I wasn't paying attention and I'm too lazy to fix it right now. Payton got in trouble and had his garbage truck taken away. (He loves the garbage truck. He can tell you the days they come and he HAS to watch them.) Anyway, I put it up on the kitchen cupboard and we laughed as this is what he stacked to try and reach it.
The two containers I get but then he put a book and a few pieces of paper. Hello, paper! He even tried a bag! Needless to say, he didn't reach it and had to finish time out before he could get it back. Funny that he was screaming until I pulled out the camera.

4 comments:

Lori Huntsman said...

There's nothing dumb about that boy. Given a little more time, he would have stacked up enough to reach it. And his little sister will follow him. They are both a couple of monkey's. Sweet, adorable monkey's. Nana

Ian and Lara said...

He had the right idea with the stacking I guess. That is pretty funny!

The Larsen's said...

That's hilarious. How ingenious of him. I love that he even tried adding paper and a bag!! I guess every little bit helps. You got to give him credit for inventiveness and for trying.

Gayle said...

I think it's great that he loves to sing so much! I have one that doesn't carry a tune so well, so be grateful he can stay on key!

And I love the stacking thing -- especially the fact that he was screaming unti you pulled out the camera!