Well a semi-miracle has happened in our home. Payton has been going Pee in the potty for a long time but not the other. He has refused, to say the least. We have tried stickers, goals, treats, etc. but nothing has led him to budge... until now. On a recent trip to Costco the other day we walked past the toy section. Besides the fact that his hands were full of yummy sample foods he managed to catch his eyes on a large stack of cars and trucks. I have to say that they were very nice. Fire engines, airplanes, garbage trucks, street cleaners, and helicopters. The make sounds, flash light, and talk. My children of course said, "mom, should you get that??" I said, we should when he goes poop in the potty. He whined and said no until the next time we went and I noticed that half of them were already gone. I decided that I would get one and take it home, still not letting him play with it until he went poop in the potty. No whining this time. He said, "I can play with it after I go pee in the potty." NO, poop dear.. "ok."
We walked in the door and the fire engine went right up onto the TV console. He walked into the bathroom and sat on the potty. WHAT!!! His poop was just a little one but the fact that he actually sat there and tried and did 'something' is a big deal for him. So.....he got his fire truck. I called Andy and we later went out to eat Pizza (Payton's Fav) with our friends to celebrate. They were good sports to come to a poop party. I wanted to make it a big deal so he'd keep trying. When we got home and he pooped again, and no arguing. ??? That is also another miracle! Of course he did finish it off in his diaper the next morning when he woke up but oh well. At least I can finally see a light at the end of all that streaking dark poop!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
PoTTy CeLEbrATioN!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is such a great thing! YEAH!! It just reminds us that our children are totally capable of lots of things, but won't actually do them until they are ready!
YEAH!!!! Wouldnt it have been nice if you could have done that months ago. Little stinker!! He is so cute and smart, he will decide that in the toilet is better. It might be after he gets the rest of the toys, but just like of the diapers you will save! LOL!
Just keep making it a big deal EVERYTIME big, small, not at all. He will do it. Will they let him go to school if he won't? or does he just hold it if your out?
One more thing I loved the Poop party idea! I had a binkie bye bye party for Brock when we got rid of his binkie. If it makes you feel better it was on his 4th birthday!!!!!
So all the docs were talking about their friday night fun at the fashin shows, comedy clubs, restaurants yesterday(they're all single bachelors)...they asked me, I said we had a poop party for my son, they were shocked...and disgusted at first, i told em to wait a few years when they have kids..
Congrats! It's so fabulous not to have to deal with poopy diapers!!!! I wish that would work with Jenna.
Post a Comment