Maybe some wives would be a little offended if their husband said, "dang that girl is hot, she's gonna melt any second.." I got over this a long time ago. Since my hubby speaks Spanish and I've known of his Shakira crush forever. In fact, on his mission he taught her relatives a few discussions. The plot thickens!! JK
Yesterday was supposed to be a boring day of watching the BYU game on tv but Andy woke up and said he wanted to go to the city so we packed a bag, grabbed a necessity here in NY (Dunkin Donuts) and took off. We went to the Madam Tussauds Wax Museum. It was pretty cool.
It's actually a little freaky when you first walk in because many of them look extremely real. Their eyes just stare at you and it takes a little time to get used to. Payton was scared at first but by the time we found all the athletes and singers, he thought it was neat, Michael Jackson is in the background...he looks better in wax I think...
So I just have to say that though I've never seen any of these people in person, they are supposed to be exact replicas and J.Lo is not fat!! Dang. Don't know what all the talk about her rear end is because she looks daaanng skinny to me.
The museum wasn't too big but it took up several floors. Andy laughed at me because there were so many people that sometimes it was hard to tell who was real and who wasn't. Everyone had camera's and I was looking at the Rachel Ray and walked in front of someone with a camera taking a picture. I apologized for stepping in front of them and noticed it too was wax! Embarrassing!
Surely I could beat a pile of wax!
We were just at the end of the museum when we saw it.... Miley Cyrus. Payton was shy and weirded out yet very intrigued and wanted to stare. "mom, Halle wants to go look at Hannah Montana again!" (and again, and again)
It was definitely better than I thought it would be. I wonder what it would be like to have a wax figure made of yourself. Don't think I'd really want to see it. Guess we'll just stick to life size cut out boards. They fit away quick in a closet if anyone comes over. Wouldn't want people thinking we're weird!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Star Struck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Payton...Miley was smiling at you! That looks like a lot of fun. The kids look so cute. Andy, dream your heart out!!! Fun, Fun, Fun! Nana
what a fun thing to do. I think I would be a little freaked out by how real they are, but way cool! If we ever can come visit, you'll have to show us all the cool stuff you guys do.
and you said you haven't been bloggin' much! This looks so fun and I love all your pics. I think I asked you what you did that weekend and you said "we had fun but I can't remember what we did- I guess this was it!"
Post a Comment