Monday, August 25, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor???

We just found out the the neighbors who live below us are moving out. They have lived here for a very long time so most likely they are moving out because of us and our 'kids'. They are a couple in their probably late 60's and from the moment we moved in they have given us the evil eye. We've tried to talk to them and the lady has been a little friendly but one day I was babysitting for a friend and the kids had not been playing more than a few minutes before he knocks on the door complaining about the noise. Now I understand if it's early or late but at 6 pm when I'm trying to get dinner ready give me a break! It's not our fault that this place has no insulation and you can here everything. They sit home all day and I cannot keep my kids quite ALL Day! Besides the fact that we have been gone almost the entire summer. I can here them too ya know. So now they don't talk to us at all even though we continue to smile and say hi, while they continue to give a nod and walk on. It's not like we purposely stomp our feet to tick them off. We have noticed that they have been gone a lot lately. In fact most of the time as soon as we get here, they leave. I feel kind of bad but we pay money to live here too.
There is a lady who lives to the right of us and she is very nice. She has lived in her house 52 years. I want to get to know her better. There is a two family house on the left of us also. The one family looks very nice but is rarely home. We hope to get to know them soon too. And then there is the guy who also lives there. We refer to him as the dude. We haven't gone to talk to him yet, not really sure if we dare. He sits outside in a chair for about 16/24 hours. He actually freeks me out. He goes through packs of cigarettes and drinks exactly two bottles of I don't know what every time he goes out. He has some very interesting conversations with the wall. He literally sits his chair facing the wall about a two feet behind it. I don't know if he's trying to smoke himself to death or what but he has a terrible gagging cough.
Now I have to admit this isn't as interesting and the naked guy my aunt Cheryl always had across her window but it's definitely not boring.
It will be interesting to see who moves in underneath us next month.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yeah the old nags are moving!!! remember you do live in NY, not a state know for being nice! As far as meeting the guy that talks to the wall, yeah I'm not sure that wouldbe a good idea! But thats just me! He may not notice you unless you are burning from the bottom or look like bricks!