Friday, August 22, 2008

Count to 10

We've done a few fun and interesting things lately but instead I just gotta vent first. It's been one of those weeks where you gotta sing the Doodlebops-"count to 10". This is a song when you're feeling frustrated or angry and need to count before you blow your top. It has actually helped to try counting to ten. Helps the urge to want to smack your kid upside the head. If I'd had to stop at 9 I may not have made it though. :)
I haven't calculated the exact number of minutes Payton has been in time out but I have counted the number of times and I believe it to be approximately 15 times since Wednesday. And the day is not over yet. Yesterday it took both Andy and I about 17 times putting him back before he would stay in time out. Last year I had a record of 27 times but I wouldn't brag about that. I tell him something he looks at me and still keeps doing it. He hits, kicks, pushes and tackles Halle till I've about decided to send him to RedCliffs Accent. When he's by himself he is a great kid but the two of them together cannot get along. Everyone keeps telling me he's just a normal boy but he was such a sweet boy when he was younger and certainly never acted like this. This full-on 4 year old bit is really giving me the ugly wrinkles. And I'm way too young for Botox.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Be grateful Halle's not a boy. My two boys hardly ever get along. Sometimes they just need to be locked up together in a padded room so the two can duke it out. Frustrating, yes--but afterall HE IS a 4-year-old boy. And, he may grow out of it (at least Aidan did)but then what he does to frustrate you will change. Until then, don't give in and be consistent. Good Luck!!!

Lindsey said...

It's so frustrating isn't it- Brendan has days like that-he can be soo good and then have a day where I'm at my witts ends with him- of course, I have days like that with all of my kids, but what do you do? I think that's the question we are all trying to answer. Good luck!!

Heidi said...

I think its cute that Payton will come and tell tou what he did wrong. Like when you were at my house and he came upstairs with Hunter behind him crying and he said I hit him!! Classic! I thought for sure a night at my house would have proven he was normal. Hunter use to be so cute and calm, but lets just say Brock has the (almost) stitches to prove otherwise. I decided not to take him in for stitches since it looked more like a scrape.
It will get better once he starts school, Maybe he is just bored!!! As if you can change that with your limited resorces and old neighbors!!! HAHAHA