Saturday, August 23, 2008

Driving miss Nana

After trekking all over Central Park we needed a day to rest. We thought it would be fun to go the the Aquarium since it's also on my zoo pass and therefore free. Yahoo! Well, I am so smart I didn't realize there are two aquariums and we drove to the wrong one, clear on the other side of the island. They wouldn't let us in for free, (jerks) JK so we decided to take my mom to see Montauk. We've been there a few times and mile wise it's not far but because you go on a two lane country road through the Hamptons, it takes forever! Luckily there is nice scenery to look at. We were actually in a long car line when just our luck we felt a big bump. Yep, a man we now refer to as the 'crazy old man' ran into the back of our car. Now granted the trunk doesn't shut since someone else hit it but hey, doesn't mean we have a free hit me sign there either. Thankfully it didn't do any recognizable damage but when Andy went to talk to the guy he said, and I quote.
"An 84 year old man thinking about a 24 year old woman."
That's all he said. Not sorry or anything. Andy said it's fine and no harm done but to quit day dreaming and watch where he was going. Payton kept saying all day, "what happened to our car?" We of course say, "some crazy old man ran into it."
The next day we did find the right aquarium and it was actually in Coney Island. It was small and had way too many 'save the earth, don't do anything' speeches for us country people but the kids had fun.
The Astro World and carnival is right next to it, which is also located on the beach. I believe they are tearing parts of it down after this summer so at least we got to see it. I didn't think it was too bad. Definitely not as clean as say BYU campus but we had a good time.
The kids had a great time and were sad to have Nana leave. Luckily we had a lot of fun while she was here.



2 comments:

Gayle said...

Boy, you guys have one adventure after another! Sounds like there are a ton of fun things to see there!

Lindsey said...

So much fun- I'm not sure I would want to ride with you guys anywhere thoug- could be dangerous!!