So every time my mom comes to visit, it rains. She has the best luck I tell ya. Actually it only kept us in two days so it was all good. The Olympics were on so it's not like we were stuck indoors. The kids had fun pretending to be swimmers and gymnasts. I'm sure the neighbors below us didn't but hey, that's how the next athletes are inspired right.
We hopped the train and went to Central Park. We have a zoo pass and hadn't been to the zoo there yet so it was something new. It's a small zoo but that's a good thing sometimes. I didn't know much about the zoo except for like most things in NY, what I've seen in the movies. Don't listen do what the Disney people say, there are no lions, zebra's or hippos. There are monkey's turtles and penguins though so the kids were satisfied.
The park was huge to say the least but we came across a few interesting things. They were filming a movie at the bridge but were basically clearing up when we got there so I didn't see much. My kids were excited to see this fountain. Mostly because it's on Enchanted but to the rest of the world, it's the Bethesda Fountain.
This is Halle's 3rd snow cone. The were pretty hard mashed so all she had to do was barely move and it would fall out of the cone. They cry and then I feel bad and get them another.
I actually really like Central Park. I enjoy people watching and you always see interesting things in NY. We had walked there from Penn Station so we stuck to the southern part of the park. It's pretty big and a double stroller eventually gets tiresome. It was fun though and we'll surely go again.
We got home in time for my mom and I to hit the late movie. It was fun for just her and I to get out. She hadn't seen the Dark Knight and once again, it was awesome. We got home about midnight but the dang Olympics were on so I had no choice but to stay up and watch! Luckily the kids slept late the next day.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Central Park
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I need to come visit and see Central Park! I should talk Debbie into trading for some buddy passes!
I'm glad you had fun with your mom! It bums me out we missed it, but just know that we love 'ya and we'll do something else fabulous! Glad your back!
Post a Comment