Well, happy to report that we made it back to the Big Apple with no dramatic incidents. That's has been a rarity in our other summer trips so it's a big deal I suppose. Our home teacher was kind enough to pick us up at the airport since our little car wouldn't fit us all and our luggage. My mom came back with us to play a little. Every other time she's been out here it's either rained the whole time or we got sick or were moving. Hopefully this trip can be a site seeing one for her.
The kids were very excited to see their dad and their toys. Payton gave us another tour of the house incase we had forgotten.
It will take us a few days to adjust to the time change again but we did manage to get to our 9 am church on time. Last time I was here they released me from my primary teacher calling and put me as the primary pianist. Today, Bishop also gave me the calling of ward music director. I said sure, even though I don't really know exactly what that job contains. I know I have to learn to play the organ and get to call on people (Andy) to sing in church. Hopefully it will be a good learning experience. My father in law plays the organ, maybe he can give me some helpfull info.
Now, to the most important bit of info... I think our bug problem is gone. Don't want to jinx anything but I haven't seen anything so hopefully we have all that behind us. Maybe now I can put up some pics of our place. Apparently some of you were worried about our living conditions. :)
We had a great time in Utah and it was so fun to see all the family. We miss Boo the most though. The weather is great here though and we're excited to see our friends again. However at the moment, almost all of them are out of town. Everyone and their vacations. :)
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Home Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you made it home safely! And yeah for no bugs!
Hey, I'm Cindy, Andy's cousin (Ken & Ann's daughter). We haven't met, but I found your blog from Ashleys. It's good to read up on what you guys are up to. Your kids are adorable!
Kris,
So glad to have you home. Thank goodness the trip back was safe and uneventful. Now, you just have to join running club and you will be set, Sat. mornings. Woohoo!! We missed you while you were gone. We missed the spice. :)
Post a Comment