It's rained the last few days, mostly because everyone around here keeps praying for it. No staying inside for us though. The clouds were again perfect for playing outside in the nice cool air. I put aside all the things I should be doing and just played with the kids. We had such a great time. We played on the swing set, and the kids didn't fight!!! Yahoo.
This is the type of day my hubby would love to have. We then just sat under the tree, eating popsicles and petting Boo. I am really gonna miss her when we head back Sat. She is the best dog and is obviously very lonely since Sherlock died. She follows me everywhere and sits right next to me. She would put her head on my lap so the kids would also have to lay all over me, as not to be left out of course. We just sat and made shapes in the clouds.
After our treat we played "ba-ball" as Halle says, otherwise known to everyone else as basketball. Now, basketball is surely not my forte but I gotta say that playing against a 1 and 4 yr old definately boosted my confidence. I was making shots over and over again. And after each one the kids would yell, clap and get very excited. My own little fan club. Even when I missed he'd say, "good try." I could easily make the little tykes hoop championships. (the basket is only 3 ft tall) So that was fun and Payton is slowly starting to dribble better.
We then gulped some water and threw the ball with Boo. The kids had a blast teasing her and trying to fake her out. It will be hard for all of them when we leave her. If my hubby had been here it would have been the perfect day. Well, and if I'd had some chocolate CheeseFactory cheesecake!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Almost Perfect
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kris,
I know your gonna miss all that, but we are excited that you guys are coming back. We've missed you. The summer hasn't been the same without you here. Can't wait to seeyou again. Have a safe trip.
C
I love the little things that make us smile! It's nice to have those days when we are aware of them! On Sunday Andy was telling us that you used to go Bunny-Beaning! What's that all about?! It will be fun to have you home! I discovered a FREE pool to take all the kids to, complete with 1ft kiddie pool to the side! See you soon!
Post a Comment