Monday, August 25, 2008

If all the world was chocolate.

Ok, so this isn't the best picture I've ever taken but there was a ton of people. Oh well. Andy's Dr. said she needed an emergency vacation and so she gave him 3 days off. Well, we just had to get out of town, (mostly Andy). We decided to head to Hershey, Pennsylvania. I think Pennsylvania is just beautiful. Now, ever since I was a little kid running track I always ran the Hershey track meets. The top 3 runners in each event in the region got to go to Nationals in Hershey Pennsylvania. The great thing was that they paid for everything. My relay actually got chosen to go one year and one of the girls couldn't go so we had to forfeit. I was so sad. (11 yrs old) Anyway, I was pretty excited to go this time. Even though I'm and old fart and not running it was still fun to see the track and the huge park.
We went to Hershey World first. This is a dream for someone like me who loves chocolate. If only my mom, Marie and Shannon were there. (fellow choco lovers) There is a ton of cute memorabilia and then the next room is just piles of chocolate candy everywhere! I've never seen so much chocolate. It's a little overwhelming. The kids chose ice-cream as their treat. We all could have shared one. We even opted out of the whip cream and cherry. They certainly aren't stingy on the topping.
I ate a little and then Halle took my spoon and just dug in. It was so funny to see her eating from one spoon to the other. She pretty much ate the whole thing herself. Well, I mostly ate the chocolate topping and left her the rest. :)
Andy and Payton went on a tour of how they make chocolate which was pretty interesting. We then headed to the park since it was half off after 5pm. We didn't realize how big the park was and how much they actually had for little kids or we probably would've waited and gone another time when we could go the whole day. Sorry mom I didn't take pictures cause I had to hold Halle on most of the rides. We only saw one little corner of the park and the kids had a blast. They cried when we had to go. It's only about a 4 hour drive so we'll HAVE to go again. I could easily get my food storage for chocolate there.

5 comments:

Kamill said...

It looks like you are having a ton of fun. That treat looks so yummy. I love chocolate too! If you are interested in coupons, its been great for us. We joined a website called couponsense.com which is 15 dollars a month then you subscribe to the sunday paper and buy 4 or more papers every sunday. (They have a deal here in St.George for 17 dollars you get 6 sunday papers and 1 everyday of the week.) The website teaches you how to organize your coupons and it tells you where the sales are so you use the coupons on sale items. I have saved alot of money. At first I didn't think it would be worth it because of the cost and the papers but I have saved alot more than what they cost. Like today I spend 18 dollars at albertsons and saved 64. It was fabulous! If you are interested let me know and I will try to help you. Another great website which is actually free is pinchingyourpennies.com

Debbie said...

That looks like a blast. It reminds me of going to the Blue Bell factory here in TX. Mmmm! :)

Gayle said...

Looks like an awesome place to visit! I'll have to put in on the list of our "someday" vacations.

Chris and Jennifer said...

hi Kristen! I am so jealous. Chris (my husband) and I have been wanting to go to Hersey, PA for a long time too...I am also a chocolate lover (but really who itsn't...even my husband has converted :)) It looks like you guys really enjoyed yourself and I am glad you finally got to go. Maybe will will get to soon too!!

Dave and Mel said...

don't you just love this place!!!! I am jealous of that sundae- I've been to chocolate world a thousand times and I've never had that! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and maybe we can go down again sometime!