Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home, kindof

Well, our fun vacation in Texas as come to an end, somewhat. Andy needed to get to the dentist and they couldn't see him until Thursday so he and Payton changed their tickets to stay a few more days and play. Halle and I came home on our original scheduled flight. I must say it's much easier to fly with one child. She only cried a little and that's because I forced her to take a much needed nap.
So we arrived home to our bug filled house and are still waiting for the exterminator to come and nuke all them nasty bugs. Luckily our good friends are letting me camp at their place since they are out of town. We owe then BIG TIME!! Thanks Mel and Dave!!
Halle and I are just chillin having 'girl time' and it's so fun. Every kid needs one on one time and it's been hard for us to do that a lot, for her anyway.
Payton and Andy are have a blast playing with cousins and fishing. We were sad to go but it's good for them to spend time together like that. Andy relayed a funny incident to me this morning. Payton is potty trained except for poop. Who knows why??? He has to have a diaper or he can't go and just holds it so we just do it. The story goes like this:
"Dad I have poopies"
"Did you have an accident? Bud, you don't have a diaper on"
"yeah I do dad"
" You do? Well who put on your diaper?"
" I did dad"
Sure enough. He had put a diaper on himself so he could poop! There's something wrong yet humorous about this. Oh well, eventually he'll get there. Till then, there's never a dull moment.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

that's pretty funny- potty training is seriously the worst, but at least he was courteous enough to put the diaper on!

Angela said...

That is awesome that you have a child that will put his own diapers on. Wyatt is the same as Peyton. He can pee on the potty but not poop. Although Wyatt won't put on his own diapers. Let me know if you figure out how to get him to poop on the potty!

Kamill said...

I added you guys to my blog and I changed some settings on mine so everyone can get on it.
I am glad you had a great trip.
Potty training is tough, my 2 1/2 year old Easton isn't interested at. I am getting tired of double diaper duty so I hope he changes his mind soon!

Raegan said...

I'm so glad you're back! We'll have to get together and do something! Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. Your kids are so adorable! I love Halle's red hair! I haven't seen you for a long time so it's fun to catch up. Goodluck with the potty thing. Once it's over it's so worth all the effort!

Brown Family said...

I feel ya on the Poop thing!! Russ and I call our house the "house of pooh". I can't tell you one way that is sure to potty train them, but I can tell you about 28 ways that don't work!!! Keep trying, one day it will happen.