Why do I have this picture link on my page?(You must click on the box to view) Well, with all the bug fiasco going on we decided to head to Utah early for our visit with Nana H. The kids were being not so sweet so I figured I'd let my mom watch them for a few days. She claims to miss them so much. :)
So we flew out to Utah and arrived here at exactly 4:30 A.M. My mom came with us so our flight was really nice. She took one kid and I the other and it was the best flight we've had so far. Only a few tears were shed over who got to sit with Grandma.
We always meet fun and interesting people on flights. On this particular flight the guy next to Payton and I happened to be a TV host and actor. I've seen him on the E News! Course I had to admit to him I haven't watched in a while. He was very nice and even helped me with my kids. He held Halle so she could look out the window and see all the lights of Vegas. She wanted to pull his hair really bad but luckily fought the urge.
We chit chatted about life and when I told him my husband spoke spanish he immediatly asked if he had gone on a mission. I told him yes and surprisingly he said he had several friends who had gone on missions to South America. He was asleep when they brought the food and drinks around so when he woke up Payton offered some of his. He was hungry and very greatful. I had told him how earlier in the day, two different strangers had helped us out. The first time we got and italian ice and they only took cash. I always forget to carry cash and Payton had already started eating so the lady behind us offered to buy us all an ice treat. Then later we only had dollars and needed coins for parking and a lady on the street gave us some coins. He said, "sweet, maybe I'll just give some stranger $100 tonight." I wonder if he did? Pay if forward my friends. .
So like I said, the flight went very well. I was so happy until we got our luggage and found that they had lost a part to my carseat. It took almost 3 hours to get it figured out and file a claim and what not. It wasn't an expensive piece so I settled and they gave me a voucher to fly. Can't complain about that. We finally left the airport around 1 AM. We were all tired and I got pulled over 15 minutes from my house. 5 miles over the limit! Luckily it was late and he felt bad for us and let us go. 5 minutes later a deer hit our car. And yes, the dang thing hit me!
Did I mention how much I love to travel? I have to say, the last few months, I have definately not been bored. Life is awesome!!
So we awoke to the hot DRY air and the kids are so happy. The more I think about it, I can't wait to see what will happen this week! Never a dull moment. Til then, happy blogging.
4 comments:
Welcome to Utah!!!! when are you coming to visit!!!! I would come visit you but the Dr says "NO WAY!" When are you going home? You might be here when I have my baby!
I forgot you said you hit a deer!
question is did you kill it or did you have to have someone come shoot it? Remember way back when and you hit the deer on your way back to Provo, we were behind you and Andy? McKenzie still remembers that night! Hope the car is ok.
I can't see the picture. :(
I can't believe how AMAZING you are!
I love you!
♥ karen
That is HILARIOUS! you need to just stay put for a while. I'm sorry your traveling was so awful, but hopefully things are better now. We already miss you guys too and will keep in touch in blog world!
have fun -Mel
Post a Comment