
I've been trying to find a way to get my son to eat banana's. He used to love them and now will not touch them at all. I've hidden them in smoothies and waffles but I wanted to find another yummy way to get him the eat them so I thought, why not turn it into a treat.
Basically I cut up a banana and then froze it. I didn't get to the rest until the next day so I'm not exactly sure how quickly you could freeze it. My guess is that it wouldn't take long at all.
So, I took out the frozen pieces and had to break them apart with a knife. Then I got one dish and melted peanut butter in it. No, it's not all natural PB. I tried that and it doesn't melt and hold well. So use the good ol yummy fatter stuff. It hardens quickly so have everything cut and ready before you dip. I say dip because that's what I originally did to hide the fact that they were banana's but it would actually be better to just drizzle it with melted PB. Unless your kid is like mine and then it's best to hide the fact.
Place them back in the freezer for a few minutes and melt some chocolate. The banana's thaw out quickly. Drizzle melted chocolate on top and jab with some toothpicks. Halle and I loved them. Payton didn't say anything exciting but he ate a few. yahoo! So yeah, it's not as healthy as an apple but my kid ate a banana and it's something new. Maybe some of you have a better way.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Banana Bites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the info! I am going to try it maybe I can get mine to eat them too. My boys seem to go through spurts of what they will and wont eat. Right now they love oranges. The thing that sucks is I cant get them to eat peaches or pears, which are cheep and easy. Maybe I should try and do my own up. (next year)
Post a Comment