Last night I went up the the good ol small town track. I must say, it's much nicer than what we had when I was in school. Always happens that way doesn't it?
So I haven't been able to run since probably the end of November. I've had some kidney problems and had to quit for some time. (Incidently I passed a kidney stone two days ago. No wonder child birth was such a breeze.) Anyway, my cousin really wants me to run with her for the 24th and since I'm such a good friend, I decided ok. Probably should run a little bit beforehand though. I have exactly 29 days until the 'race.' Can people get in shape that fast?
I get to the track and decided my goal was to run an easy 2 miles. No pressure, no timing, just a first time in a long time run. Mile 1 felt good. Had to re-assure myself the track is still 400 meters, not 700. Couldn't help but glance at my watch. Hey, it didn't take me 30 minutes like I thought, good job! I stretch and go for number 2. My legs feel good and on the second to last lap my lungs start to hurt a little bit but who cares, I keep running. I finish in 11 minutes which is crap, but ok since I'm not keeping time, right? It's late so I decided to walk a mile and go home. Why am I so tired? Holy Hannah I'm as tired as a cotton picker! I just realized we are at almost 6000 ft! I live at like, who knows, 4 ft? I don't know, but I didn't die and that's always good.
I used to never understand why people didn't like running. 'Used to,' as in I had a baby and had to stop and then start over again. Ya finally start feeling better and have yet another baby and then start over again.... Yeah, running stinks!! Until you get in shape and then I love it! Seems to take longer these days but the smell of the summer track reminds me of the good ol days and keeps me going. Hard to believe I used to run in college. Luckily I saw a picture to prove it to myself.
So I'm excited for day 2. If I don't write back; I'm too tired and come pick me up at the track.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Running Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I should send Kenzie down to run with you she would love that!!! Although im not to sure how she feels about distance, she needs to get in shape agian!!! I dont think you should be so hard on yourself. If it makes you feel any better, I dont even think I could run the once artound the track without having a heart attack. Take one for me!!!!
Oh and Kenzie said she cant believe how long your hair is!!!! Shes wants hers to be long, so she says she cant go visit you. The last time she came to stay with you she came back wth really short hair! J/K
I didn't know you were a runner, Kris. I have never been -- two miles would definitely not be "easy" for me by any stretch! That's awesome that you run -- take it easy and enjoy it!
Okay, I just caught up on all your stories! Holy Cow!!! You poor girl!!! I would have shot myself by now to put myself out of my misery! :) Wow... Hats off to you for all you've done lately. We had a blast seeing you guys! Can't wait till next time. :)
I'm certainly not a runner, but maybe after this baby is born, I'll be a walker...at least. Finally was able to update myself on all your "goings on". You've had some adventures!
Post a Comment