Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10 Good Reasons

So being such the fabulous mom I am, (ha ha) I was reading Parenting magazine and came across a cute article. Thought I'd share. This is so New York.

10 Reasons to be glad you're not a celebrity mom:
1. Minimal pressure to squeeze postpartum body into spangled leotard to appear on Dancing with the stars.
2. Can salvage errant chicken-nugget scraps off kids' plates without being reprimanded by nanny, husband, agent, or publicist.
3. Time saved in pondering the significance of naming your offspring after an animal, vegetable, mineral, automobile, or superhero.
4. Never having to explain why mommy is kissing that man on TV, but really loves only daddy.
5. Little need to come up with a creative excuse for declining moms' weekend at the hottest colonic irrigation spa.
6. Blowout and full makeup before PTA meetings or errands are strictly optional.
7. Diaper bag not filled with pesky pre-playdate confidentiality agreements, leaving room for thermos of vital caffeinated liquids.
8. Money saved not needing to outfit child daily in a brand-new Burberry jumper (or to secure matching, mom size ensemble).
9. No desperate hunt for birthday party favors that can wow even Suri and Shiloh.
10. Can forsake Jimmy Choos and Manolos for the comfort of clogs, Crocs, and flip-flops.

On a side note: We were watching some dumb reality show a while ago with married couples. This one girl asked her husband if her pants made her butt look fat. He said, "No, your butt makes your butt look fat." Hilarious!! Since then our motto has been, if ya don't want to know, don't ask.
So, yeah, it takes a lot of strength to wear high heels and mini's to chase your kids through the park and the mall. You go, you moms who can do it. I can barely get through church. I'm all for wanting to look nice but dang I'm glad I have a good man who always tells me I'm hot even on days of no make-up, ponytails, and when my butt looks big.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You are hillarious! are you ever going to NOT think your butt looks fat! I dont have time to think about how fat I look the only time I think about it is when I see myself in a picture. Therefore I am the one to take the pictures now!!!! FYI if Kenzie came to visit you who would be my slave? :)

Angela said...

I love that post! So cute, and so true.