Wednesday, June 18, 2008

'Accidents Happen, And That's Ok'

This is the title of a song that is currently stuck in my head. My son has been half potty trained for some time but continues to not do all his business in the potty. He recently decided that a video my mom got a long time ago is really cool. If you haven't seen it, you should cause it's pretty funny. 'Elmo can us the potty'
My husband happened to see it the other day and couldn't stop laughing. Here are a few of our fav. lyrics.
"Doctors and lawyers do it, even in their own special way. They do it every day. Even Kings and Queens do it."
Giant rolls of toilet paper, thorough instructions on how to wash hands, and did you know there are at least 12 different ways to say you need to use the potty. Who knew! It is all very exciting I must say.
This morning Payton wanted to watch it, again. Mostly because he had an accident. I woke up to the sound of a rapidly filling sink of water. The sweet boy was washing his hands like a good kid. He turned around and was covered in poop down to his feet. Don't know exactly how it happened. Looked like we had a malfunction on the right cheek side. Maybe I should sue those Huggies people! Just kidding.
"I went poop mom"
"Yes dear"
"I washed my hands so I get a treat"
"Very good"
At least our bug filled apartment has brown carpet anyway so who the heck cares!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey, you gotta start somewhere right? At least he has the hand washing thing down.

Heidi said...

Heres a question have you tried to just take away the diapers? It worked for us (mainly because I didnt have the money for deiapers and I was running low so we just told him to bad) Hunter hates to be dirty in his pants now and loves the sticker reward that we did with him. Try making him clean up his messes the best he can that might help. Really I think they just have to get it in their minds to do it. Mike gotr HUnter to poop in the toilet so maybe you should leave him with Andy (without diapers) could be a good father, son bonding time. LOL

Kamill said...

potty training! My little boy wants nothing to do with going on the potty but takes his diaper off everytime he poops.ahhhh. poop everywhere all the time.
(I finally figured out how to change my settings so people could leave comments. I don't know if you have tried but several people in my family told me that they couldn't leave comments. its fixed!!hurray!)