Ok, for you bug lovers out there, you may want to stop reading right now. I don't want to get some letter saying bugs have feelings too. And yes, living in NY, there are crazy people who would do that. I don't care how many Disney movies they make, I will never like bugs! Especially when they are living in my house!
We moved into a new apt. trying to save a little money in this crazy expensive place and of course what do we get as a welcome, bugs. No yummy chocolate chip cookies, bugs! And not just any little bug like we first thought, oh no. These are disgusting bugs that eat your clothes and feed off of dead skin and leave larva all over your house.
We noticed a few little black bugs in the window seals but figured they were just there since the apartment had sat empty for so long. But when we finally got all our boxes unpacked we started seeing more all over the carpet. I cleaned the entire place and the next day there were a few more. Now it's not like some scene from and Indiana Jones movie but one too many to live with me.
So we called the landlord and he said he'd look into it. He first suggested that we had brought them since they weren't here before but we know for dang sure we had never seen them before and we'd had a thorough check out from our other place.
We found out they were carpet beetles. Yuck!
Long story short, we've had several "not so nice phone calls" to get this taken care of. We came home from a 2 week vacation to find that it had still not been taken care of. So our friends were kind enough to let us stay while we continued to try and gets things done.
Our landlord said someone would finally come on Monday and so we came to bag up all our clothes, linens, etc. There were bugs everywhere, it was so depressing and disgusting! We bagged a total of 27 bags. Everything in the entire house had to be washed and/or dry cleaned.
So we packed our stuff and took off for another mini-vacation.
When we returned from our "lovely vacation" (I'll write about it after this), we came home to see that 'someone' had unplugged our fridge and there was a pile of blood and I'm not sure exactly what else all over the floor and covering the fridge. Everything was bad and had to be thrown out. We were so mad. Not only are we spending a fortune to pay for all of our belongings to be cleaned but now we also have to replace several hundred dollars worth of food and meat. Our luck is not so great lately but hopefully it will get better.
I started the chore of thoroughly cleaning and vacuuming everything all over again. Not sure exactly how long it will take. We had no indication that anything was even done but they said they came and did "something" to get rid of them. But if I see one more bug I am going to go crazy! Yep, no Disney bugs around here either! At least for a while.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Bug off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! I'm glad to hear the carpet beatles are all gone now!I still have to highlight the font to read all about it though.
-khamster
Post a Comment