So whether you want to admit it or not, you've all done it. Yes, we are guilty too. And even though Super Nanny says it's wrong we just can't help it sometimes. If you eat your dinner you can have dessert. You can't go play unless you clean your room. No matter how hard we try, it seems we keep falling into this little pit. Only in this cloudy pit, when you talk, somehow even though you can't see her, your mothers voice comes out instead of your own. A classic case of, 'You're turning into your mother.' (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
We usually try not to bribe the kids because like all of you we want our dream kids to just do whatever they are asked. (I would love to go poop in the toilet mom. These green beans are so yummy, I hate ice cream!)
Our children go in cycles. Cute/Normal, Sweet/Perfect, Evil/Brat, semi-cute/semi-normal.
And thus it goes on. Our children are not always on the same cycle either. Last week we had our Evil Brats who luckily only gave us one trip to the Med Center. Pushing on the tile, pushing down the stairs, screaming on the airplane; classic showmanship of siblings. But the bruises are almost healed and now we have returned to semi-normal children. And since we are on vacation and there are so many fun things to do, I've noticed we've up'd the Bribes. Our ace in the hole right now is, "If you want to go in the spa?" and "if you want your cousins to play." So sad but it's worked. And like half of the rest of the world we'll just say, I'll work on it and do better tomorrow. Or maybe next week when the cousins and spa are gone. :)
Friday, May 30, 2008
Bribery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Kristen, its Kamill Knudsen, I work with your mom and she gave me your blog address. I don't know if you remember me or not? She really misses you guys and talks about you all the time. How is Andy doing in school. I'm glad he gets a break this summer. Tell Andy to hang in there. Your kids are so cute and I love your blog. We are constantly using Bribery with our two year old too, ahh. I know its hard being a parent sometimes but so fun!
Ah, yes, we pull the bribery ploy all the time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Hope you had a great time in Texas (except for your camera getting stolen -- that is a major bummer!). We wish we could have come up to the lodge to visit with y'all while you were here. Congrats to Andy on doing so well in school!
Kris,
I Love You!
Love,
Karen
Post a Comment