Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One down, one to go!

So we have almost completed our first year of school in this crazy New York. Andy had his finals this last month and I say the last month because the entire month was full of about 3 tests a week. His big med comp was on the 22nd. I felt bad for him because I was trying to help him get all his notes together to review and the stack consisted of about 18 inches of paper. No kidding. We were able to narrow it down to 17 packets, which cut his stack in half. He basically lived at the school. I helped him study what little I could but I can barely pronounce half the words. He was very stressed because its a pass and fail. You fail and you get kicked out of school. We get kicked out and we've basically wasted an entire year and a TON of money. He's had about 4 of these type of tests this semester. I believe they have lost about 14 students this first year. Thankfully he's done very well and I am so proud of him.
I've been very busy packing and cleaning our apartments. Yes, apartments. We had to pay for two places for a few weeks so we wouldn't be homeless on the streets with our kids. It's been raining a lot too so that would also stink.
Anyway, I've been cleaning a ton because we found out our new place has carpet beetles!! YUCK!! I had just gotten everything put away and then we find all these little black bugs everywhere. At first I thought it was just a one time thing from the place being empty for so long but nope. So I've been washing and vaccuming EVERYTHING we own!! We have too much crap I decided! The exterminator should take care of it while we are on vacation. I hope.
I've also been cleaning our previous place so they didn't have to pay someone else and we could get all our deposit back. Little Cinderella, that's me. So it's been a crazy and stressfull week for all of us. Luckily, after waiting all morning, we received Andy's call that he had passed with flying colors! Yahoo!
So we jumped on a plane and headed to good ol Texas to visit his family. Our flight was delayed a few hours, our kids screamed or course and we got in at 3 AM but who cares! We are on vacation for 3 whole weeks. Nothing but laying in the lake getting bit by mosquitos and zooming around in the boat. Such a terrible life.

No comments: