Monday, May 12, 2008

Goodbye Luxury

Well, we have successfully made our move to our new apt. I hate moving. I have never even heard of anyone enjoying it either. While I am really going to enjoy our new place I realize we were very spoiled in our last apt.
Things I will miss:
1. my gym
2. our theater room
3. 3 huge closets
4. my laundry room
5. covered parking
6. my pretty, clean kitchen
7. two bathrooms with drawers!
8. my dishwasher
9. the elevator
10. the pool
11. a phone call asking if you want to see your guests or not
Things is will NOT miss:
1. lugging my groceries across the parking lot
2. all the little rat dogs around
3. the fire alarm going off all the time for no reason and in the middle of the night!
4. the maintenence guys
5. $100,000 cars all around us
6. walking 2 miles to go to the park
Things I like about our new place:
1. 3 bedrooms, yahoo!
2. a LOT less money
3. Beige walls instead of white
4. a basement
5. a fabulous park across the street
6. friends a few blocks away
7. neighbors who actually talk to us
8. I can park my car 10 feet from the front door
9. my kids love the hallway
10. the ocean view
Things I don't love here:
1. You can here Everything! The walls are paper
2. Every other house around us has smokers, I hate smoke smell!!!
3. No dishwasher
4. No security guard
5. no covered parking and its day 4 of rain
So such is life and I think we will have a great time here. We had some amazing helpers from our ward as well as the missionaries. Our friend Mike came to visit for the weekend and just his luck we were moving. We couldn't have done it without him and our good friend Cindy. We definitely owe them big time! My mom too. She's basically taken care of the kids, even with her bumb foot. She tore a ligament last week and flew out just to help.
I finally found our silverware today. The very last box I opened. Don't know how it got there but just in time cause I am sick of Pizza and quick food. The kids seemed to be happy here and so far we have had no meltdowns or tears.
We almost forgot it was Mother's Day because we've been so busy. Andy stopped and got me some garbage cans. We laughed about it but I was actually so happy he got them because we needed them and then I didn't have to go get it. Who said I was high maintenance?!!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Hope you're getting all unpacked and settled -- loved your post! (E-mail me your new address when you get a chance so I can update the newsletter address list.) :-)