So I just have to say that I hate Walmart! You are basically forced to shop there because there is no where else to get what you need at a somewhat reasonable price. I've been trying to be good and stay within my budget but EVERY time I go there I buy the sale items which are clearly marked and then when I go to pay it comes up a different price.
So I tell them the price is not right and they of course say, well that's what is says. No, I bought this item because it was this price otherwise I would have got the brand I love for the same price! Walmart is notorious for this and most people don't even notice they are being overcharged. And the only reason I am able to keep track of it is because I have the worst luck and always get the slowest lady possible. The one who stops to look at every item you buy and even say, Hmm. I'm not going to stop and take pictures and write down every little item and price and who wants to go back and check it all again when your kids are crying because you've been waiting to pay for 30 minutes. I've gone back a few times and shown them where it clearly states the price and then I have to stand in line again for another 20 minutes for them to correct it. It's a huge pain so ya just end up paying whatever they decide at the register. Why do they even put up prices in the first place? In many states, if the item is marked wrong they have to give it to you for the price it says, even if it's their mistake. Some stores even give you the item free. But Walmart of course says, so, we'll just pay the fine. One lady actually said to me, "It's only a few dollars." Well, those few dollars on every item just added up to be $100 so if it's only a few dollars then Walmart can do without instead of me.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Just gotta vent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've "so been there" girl! It's true you are forced to shop there. But, honestly--milk is still cheaper elsewhere down here. I'm a real bargain hunter--and it's not always at Wal-Mart (especially when it comes to food). I don't understand how some people can "live and breath" Wal-Mart. We watched a documentary on Wal-Mart a while back--I've tried more to support other stores since watching that. Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT use their pharmacy...it's so rigged. I can never get a full prescription filled there. They're always filling them partially which forces me to go back two or THREE times to get the entire prescription...which in turns puts me back in Wal-Mart to tempt me to spend more money. Again, I feel your pain girl!
on the gold fort comment about perscriptions. Not only are you forced to keep going back but you are also forced to pay the co-pay every time. This happened to me twice and I was so pissed. Then they told me it was a "filling fee" because they had to fill it twice, even though it was their fault for not having the full prescription in stock. Frustrating.....I still make them change the price or I wont get the item, which in turns makes them take it back to the shelf.
My thinking is unless I really need it I can get it next time, our Wal Mart is preaty good and will just change the price, unless its like a huge difference.
I totally prefer Target. Nicer people, nicer store... a little more expensive, but hey... I don't mind paying the extra for my peace of mind. And yet... somehow I still end up at Wal-Mart most of the time! What is it? Is there some sort of subliminal draw to that store or something?? :)
Post a Comment