Most people generally look forward to the weekends. A day free of work or school, a time to shop and get the latest styles or that big bag of chicken on sale at Costco ya just gotta have. At our house lately though, the weekend has turned into one big zit on the nose.
The sad thing is, Sunday is generally the biggest stress. Ah yes, Sunday. The day of peace and rest; to learn and be uplifted to do better. Since moving to this area we have basically gone into survival mode at church.
Survival of getting through sacrament without chucking Halle's cup and the kid infront because his gameboy is cheering and getting on my nerves. Explaining to my son that we don't sing Alicia Keys in church even though the lady two rows up has it playing on her cellphone, which happened to ring for the 8th time to be exact. I believe she's in fashion. Maybe she works for that show Fashion Emergency???
Ok, my kids are folding their arms for the prayer. Oh wait, the guy giving the prayer had to answer his phone too. God really does answer prayers I guess.
Sweet, 15 minutes left and I only have half a bag of cheerios. Better find a way to distract Halle. Ok, I remembered Gumby, that will work for a minute. Man this guy is giving a great talk. What is that noise? Oh some lady is just letting her kids play on the organ.
(Andy) "I only have one pea shooter and there are two kids. Don't think I could get em both."
(Kris) "Just get the mom then."
Oh, time for the song. Can't get a clear shot.
(Andy) "Those two are the least likely kids in the world to be kidnapped."
Time to go home. Hey 4 on 4 in the gym.
(Payton pointing his finger) "You kids are being Naughty!" "They are being Naughty mom."
"Yes dear, but don't point. Lets go." Where are these kids' moms? Oh, they are on the other team.
Trying to be spiritual here people!!! Did I hear Andy mention patience in or prayers the other night? Dang him. Gotta quit praying for that.
Back to school tomorrow. Thankgoodness, I needed a break.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Mission: Survival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Your post made me laugh, Kristen, although I can totally see how stressful church must be for you! Oh my goodness! When I first started reading it, I thought you were going to be writing about how hard it was to keep your own kids quiet at church, not having to deal with other inconsiderate people (which is definitely worse!).
Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious! I can't even imagine! What an experience that must be! Just look at all these fun memories you are making! Too funny!
Can't say we've had the cellphone issue or kids discovering the organ (I'd have a fit with that one..considering I'm the organist). But, I can certainly say "hear, hear" to the kids in general! What's with the wondering around and the climbing on the pues during Sacrament meeting? Does this look like a park?!
"God does answer prayers"...very funny.
Haha! That's awesome!
Katie
I know my kids are not perfect in church, but a least I try- It's so maddening when stuff like that happens- and the cell phones, seriously, they can't go without it through church or at least put it on vibrate. Cmon!
Amen Sista!
Hey, it's Andy's cousin, Amy (Gayle's sister). I found your blog through Gayle and am looking forward to reading up on what is going on in your cute family! This post totally cracked me up. We haven't really had cell phone issues at church that I've noticed - what is wrong with people?! And Gameboys in Sacrament meeting? Wow.
I love it!! It's amazing that you have to deal with other peoples craziness. Although I have to sympathize a little, cuz we have probably annoyed a lot of people. I love the pointing thing. Brandon has been having a hard time not pointing at people and telling them what they're doing wrong to.
I think I read in the last Ensign that the church in New York has it's own set of rules... cell phones and gameboys are all a part of the spiritual enlightenment. :) Totally sorry about that! Sunday has long since been a day of rest for me too, but I definitely do not have your same issues in church! Way bummer! You need to move to Texas soon... we go by the regular church rules. :) LOVE you guys!
Post a Comment