Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"We"

I just experienced a frequent scenario that takes place in our home. No, it's not the kids crying for "2 more minutes" before bed but rather a famous quote by my sweet husband.
"Hey babe, 'we' need to do (today he said the laundry). "
Now, as much as I love my dear hubby this cracks me up because what men really mean by 'we' is you, aka, the wife.
It's used for numerous terms and instances such as laundry, diaper changes, dishes, cleaning, cookie making, having a baby, writing the newsletter, etc.
What generally happens is 'I' end up doing it and he watches the kids so I 'CAN' get it done. I'm ok with this.
I was trying to get dinner ready and the kids were really looking for attention. They wanted to play baseball. Yes, we're awesome parents and let them play in the house. The balls and bats are soft, who cares, it's freezing cold outside.
Andy pitched the ball to Payton just as I walked in and "smack," right in my forehead! It was a dang good hit, a line drive I should say. This time 'we' all laughed and by the time we were done playing, dinner was still not ready. So, we went out for a big dinner at Wendy's. Yep, the high life here in NY.

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

Gotta love it! At least it's better than saying, "Hey woman, do the laundry. I ain't got nothin' to wear!!!" I say if he watches the kids, I'll do anything that he wants done! Glad the primary program went well. Hope to see you guys over the holidays.

MiKell said...

That's funny cuz I always say that to Ryan!