We had our ward Primary program today. While the kids are nice, they are terrible when it comes to reverence, obedience, you know, qualities one should use at church. The few weeks prior I kept thinking, "this is going to be a disaster." But, thankfully, the program was really nice and went smoothly. Honestly, I was a little shocked but very happy. Until of course we go back to class and they are jumping and running around crazy. UGH!!!!
I had a proud mama moment though. This is the first time to have my kids participate and it was so fun. Especially since they both looked so dang cute today. Payton had 3 parts to say and he wasn't scared at all. In fact, after each one, he sat down very confidently. It's just so good to hear him give a talk in church. Last year he wasn't even hardly talking at ALL and he has now came so far. He still has a long way to go but it gives us hope that things will continue to get better.
Halle came up with the Nursery to sing 'I am a child of God.' I was a little nervous because last week at practice she saw her friend Zanna and ran over and dragged her over to stand by her. While also shouting, "Hi Zanna!" Today she found Payton and tried to go sit by him but eventually gave up and went back to sing with her class. Being the feisty red she is, she of course told them all to move so she could fit. She then flashes a huge grin. Girls!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Primary Program
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We noticed the same thing after our Primary program -- the kids did great during the program, but once they got to Primary, they were so wild! We decided they used up all their reverence for the day during Sacrament Meeting. How cute that the nursery got to participate too! And yay for Payton doing a great job!
I'm so proud of Payton!!!! Way to go! And Halle....what a corker...ya just got ta love her, don't ya!
Post a Comment