When we switched our cable (so Andy could get BYU football) we got 4 months of free movie channels. So I've been recording a bunch of stuff I want to have for later. I love old movies and came across one I've heard of, but never actually seen. Well that's not completely true, I remember seeing about 10 minutes of it when I was like, 11.
Anyway, I actually had the kids to bed early so I watched "Barefoot in the park." It has Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. It's actually a cute movie and I laughed quite a bit.
Got me to thinking that I have seen probably only a hand full of the top 100 American Movie Classics. Yes, they have an official list. I've never even seen "Casablanca." So I decided I'm going to start watching a few more of them. My husband is so excited I know. (NOT)
In fact, he and Payton have already started watching Christmas movies. They insist we are going to put up our tree and decorations next week but I said, "Not until after Thanksgiving!" Payton does watch "Santa Claus 3 a lot though and is now acting out Jack Frost. If you've seen our previous posts, you can only imagine how interesting that is...
Enough movies for a while though. The Twilight movie comes out soon and I promised my mom I'd read the dang book. Apparently I'm some freak for not doing so already. Don't want to be a wandering non-vampiric (yes I made up this word) blurb who doesn't know anything! Ya know what they say about those people...(I can feel the glares of my mom through the computer. Oh the shame she has felt) Hey sweet, 'Roman Holiday' is on, HD too. Guess I'll start the book tomorrow. :)
Friday, November 14, 2008
Classic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just want you to know you aren't alone. I haven't read any of the twilight series yet either. I am fickle when it comes to books. I hate hardback books and I also hate reading one in a series and not the rest so I am waiting for the series to come out in paperback then I can read them one after another. See good excuse isn't it.
I don't have a clue what "Twilight" is all about. I only heard of it when the most recent book came out and even then, it was awhile before I realized what "Twilight" was. Though, the movie seems interesting so I'll probably watch it someday.
Classics are always fun. My poor husband has been deprived of ALL classics. As a result I have also been deprived these last ten years.
I haven't read the "Twilight" books either and I don't plan on reading them either. I am just not interested in reading them.
Again.. Your not alone. I haven't read them either. I wait for the good ones to come out in theaters so I can't wait to watch the movie and see what all the excitement is about. I just read Payton's words. So funny! Haha!
I guess you and I can be freaks together for not reading Twilight! Here's a confession for 'ya! I'm actually afraid that it will scare me! How sad is that!?
OH Kristen what kind of people do you know? Your mother would be so ashamed! I LOVE THESE BOOKS! it is really sad that I havent been able to read the last one yet. I think something is wrong with me I have been really tired lately. Oh well I do have my ticket bought to go see the movie!!! I am not looking to forward to it I have seen their idea of Edward and its not the same as mine!!!
GET READING!!!!
I haven't read the Twilight books. I think you're doing OK!!!
Post a Comment