Though Thanksgiving is yet another week away, we are just so festive at our house already. The kids have been watching a few Christmas movies since all the stores here have trees and decorations up. They keep asking if tonight is Christmas and I sadly have to tell them "No."
Everyday I wake up to hear, "Can we put up Christmas yet?"
"After Thanksgiving dear."
Well, Andy put the kids to bed the other night when I was at the gym. Payton was giving him a hard time and so he told him we could put up the decorations if he'd be good. So today I had no choice but to pull out the little fake tree we have. A week earlier isn't really a whole lot of difference I guess. But I don't want to take down the two cute Thanksgiving items I have. I just finished an Autumn wreath I made and was excited to put it up. Acutally, we don't have a lot of any decorations since we didn't really plan on being here originally for the holidays. But I must say our house is very interesting indeed with our Christmas tree, Christmas wreaths, angels, pine cones, and Autumn vines all mixed in together. I wonder what our Thanksgiving guests will think? Oh well. The kids are very happy and it makes me even more excited for Christmas. They are at such a fun age. We are teaching them the carols every time we drive. We'll show those Osmond's!
Thank goodness they aren't really into Easter yet. That would really be a sight.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Happy ThanksChristmasgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We are never here for Christmas, we go to my parents in Ramona CA, but we always put Christmas Decorations up, I really love Christmas. I just can't believe Thanksgiving is next week and then Christmas, where did 2008 go? I hope you guys have fun putting the Decorations up a week earlier. I also hope you guys are having a good time in New York and that you have a wonderful Holiday Season there.
Your kids are at the fun age for Christmas. They are old enough to know who Santa and still young enough to beleive. They are also at the age that you can tell them that santa is watching and they are good. Tell Andy to remember that the next time Payton doesn't want to go to bed.
You realize that to put the Osmonds to shame YOU will have to give birth to about 6 more kids. Just something to think about.
There's nothing wrong with a little early holiday festiveness!! Aren't the holidays fun with kids?! Where are you headed for the holidays?
The kids make me soooooo excited for Christmas I can hardly stand it. I just hope I can get there. They are going to be so fun this year.
We're excited here too! I can't wait to get the tree out of the attic next Friday!
Hey Kristen! It's Sarah Gounaris from church...I liked your "We" story...SO TRUE! : ) Anyway, here is my blog tsgounaris.blogspot.com When you go private be sure to add me :)
Post a Comment