We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here at our place. For the first time on Thanksgiving, I actually got up and ran 5 miles. My friend Cindy told a bunch of us about the local race and we decided to go for it. I actually didn't register since Andy had to work the night before, but with the thousand or so people they had, I just jumped in and ran it anyway. It was a good course with lots of hills. I'm very sore, even now a few days later. It felt good though and gave me the mental edge I needed to go home and eat my favorite...pumpkin pie! I think it should be a tradition now to go race on Thanksgiving.
Some of our good friends then came over and helped make some delicious food. We are so thankful for wonderful friends and family who show us such love and support.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Turkey Trot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
More power to ya Kris!!
Hey, I want a copy of that family pic that you used at the top of your blog! Just e-mail it to me. That's such a cool picture!
I would have to agree, it is such a cool picture. Could you send me a copy as well.
I am always in wonder by your go-get-er attitude! I admire you and your running ability (just not enough to go and do it myself...). I'm glad you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving! I wish so bad we could have been there. Love 'ya
Post a Comment