This picture is actually taken at my moms, but in our house, sitting down is the signal for Halle to jump on your lap for a story. I have never seen a child so in love with reading books. Of course I only have two kids but still, she loves it! I literally cannot sit down without her jumping on me with a book. We've even had friends over who sat on the floor and then she jumps on their lap too. I have to admit I secretly love it though. Payton wasn't really into books until she came along. We now have a nightly routine of story time before bed. I have had to start earlier and earlier because like most kids, they say, one more book!
We've been reading the book, "Everyone Poops." I don't know how many of you have seen this book but it's pretty funny. It's a little more........graphic, maybe, then I'd probably do but hey, kids gotta learn I guess. It actually shows people and animals pooping, (illustrations of course). Halle is so funny. She opens the book and goes, "EEEWWW!" She turns the page again and I hear, "EEWW, POOP!" Turn page, "Eeeww! EEWW!"
It's so funny. She talking so much and it's fun to hear all the things going on in her little head. Especially when she jumps in our bed and tells dad, "MY bed. Stop it dad!" She then waves him bye bye and blows a kiss. She is definitely a sweet, feisty red and I love it!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Eeeww!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know, I love it that she loves to read. It's fun to hold her in your lap and read the stories. She is soooo funny. I miss them soooo much.
I love when kids love books! I have a little book-lover too and it is so fun. Libraries are our friends! :-)
We are very familiar with that book!! We read it all the time when Aidan was little and then with Hunter. Funny that I was introduced to that book in a Child Psychology Class when my professor read it to us.
I remember the first time I saw that book, I about died laughing. Have you seen the book (I think by the same author), "The Gas We Pass?" Absolutely hilarious! Emma is just starting to really get into looking at books on her own (and not just chewing on them!) It is so fun to see her choose her books over her toys!
Post a Comment