The last few days my kids have been quite a handful, mostly because they've been sick. Luckily for them they manage to be all cute when it's time to go to bed. Just trying to get that last minute awake. Or as my kids say, "two more minutes." After the crying and dragging I lay with them for a minute and that's when they pull it out. "Mom, I love you. Mom, you're the best." Hugs, cuddles, laughs, sweet talks. If they could just be like that all day we'd have so much more fun. They really crack us up. I can't imagine our boring our life would be without them.
Tonight, Payton had a cute prayer. He loves to pray but in his prayers he basically blesses everything we've already done for the day. Now normally we pick up Andy from work but today he had a dinner meeting with drug reps at some fancy place. Payton's prayer went like this. "Dear Heavenly Father, we're thankful for this day. Please help us to make a tent and be safe. Please help us color and be safe. Please help us pick up dad and be safe. MOM!! We forgot to pick up dad!!" I reminded him we aren't picking him up since he took the car. "Oh, Amen."
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Good nights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Kristen, I don't know if I have commented on your blog before. I am Sandra's, Gayle's and Amy's sister Malinda.
I think that is a really cute prayer that Payton gave. My kids don't really pray, I know that is sad, but I probably need to start helping them with prayers. Zach, my 6 year old is always the first in bed. He goes to bed before Connor, who will be 4 next week. Zach has a routine he does before he goes to bed and it has been that way for awhile. My oldest Ethan, who is 11, used to have a routine, when he was younger, but now he just goes to bed and usually I have to tell him it is time for bed. He likes to stay up like I do.
Sorry this is a long entry. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.
Oh, the good old days of "Good Nights". My boys have both grown out of that. We say prayers, but they do it on their own now. However, I still get the hugs and kisses every night. They get very upset when they can't get/give hugs and kisses before bed every night. So, I guess that would qualify for "Good Nights".
That is classic! Made me smile -- he is such a cutie.
Don't kids say the darnedst things?! LOVE IT!
Kristen, It is so much fun to see where we have all ended up in our lives since the good old days... I dont mind if you look at my blog as long as I can look at yours!!! You have a cute family and it looks like you are very happy!!
That is a cute prayer! Hope everyone feels better soon. Have fun with you Mom when she get's here!
That is the cutest prayer ever! I love the things that kids come up with. Easton always blesses all of his toys, its so cute. We have a routine at our house that seems to be an hour long just to get the kids to bed, snacks, story, brush teeth, another story, blanket ride, prayers, drinks, go to the bathroom, then its "Another story please" Easton is really good at delaying bedtime so I start at 7pm so they will be to bed by 8. I love reading your blog. You are such a good mom.
Kids are so cute! Treasure these moments, they grow up so fast :o)
Okay...you really should post a pic of yourself or somehow identify yourself on your blog because it took me forever to figure out who you were! haha How are you! I'm glad you found me. You've got cute kiddos. I LOVE that prayer.
Post a Comment