Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hold your tacos!

I finally have a few minutes to write. Sweet! We've had some fun things happen lately. Not just all sickness going around thank goodness. The other week our neighbor from across the street had a garage sale. He's been pretty nice to us, visiting and such. We went over and got a little rocking horse for the kids. I kind of thought some of this stuff was a little high priced for a garage sale but oh well. The next day he still had a lot outside and came over to tell us just to take whatever we wanted. There were a ton of toys and so our friends helped us basically just take everything. He said he was just going to set it out for the garbage men so why not. We got a pretty good pile including a desk for Payton, a small TV with a VCR, ice-cream dishes, trains, a toy box, a book table, buses, and a car to drive. Sadly, I forgot to put it in the back yard the other night and someone stole it. I feel so bad for the kids cause they loved fighting over it. What kind of jerk steals a toy from a kids yard. Oh well. He's also given us several little tricycles we keep in the basement for cold days so I can't complain. Some of it I'm kicking to the curb but it was fun for the kids. Which reminds me. We always have to sit our garbage out in the morning because I've seen people going through it several times when I leave it out at night. If someone sits something out to the curb, it's generally gone within a few minutes. Maybe that's what happened to Payton's car, even though it was right by our front door. Glad we at least have a shredder for all our papers.
We also took the kids to see the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua. They LOVED it! They are both going around saying, "cause you a Chihuahua Mi hija!" and "hold your tacos!" Of course HSM 3 comes out this week and Payton is really looking forward to that. Have to wait till the nose dripping subsides though.
We went to our old apt today to get some mail. Don't know why they had to google our relatives to find us when they had us on file and I had called back in May when we actually moved. oh well. We got another government check but I'll have to shred it since they had already sent the one we supposedly didn't get. Too bad. Don't think they'll let me keep them both. Anyway, the kids saw "our other house" as they call it and got so excited. They wanted to go "home" but I explained to them we don't live there anymore. I think we all miss our 'old house.'
Our newest thing lately has been to have family sleepovers on Friday night. Of course we've only had it one Friday......but we Plan to have them all the time now. We blew up the mattress in the living room and pulled out the popcorn, juice, and every pillow we could find. Last weeks showing was " Little Mermaid." It was so much fun for us all to cuddle together. The kids were so good. It was cute, after the movie Payton gave me a big hug and asked, "are we a family again?" He got that line from Angels in the Outfield I think. They never fail to entertain us. It's Andy's turn to pick out this weeks movie. He always has crazy ideas. Heaven help us. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome deal on that "stuff"!

It's called "Garbage Hunting"...happens all the time around here. Typically I'll see the guys driving around with their trailer, etc. as we're walking to school Hey, remember "One man's trash is another man's treasure!" Honestly, it doesn't bother me. I am surprised what people put out on their curb to throw away (grills, fridges, vacuums, dead dryers, etc.) I know our Waste Management doesn't take ALL that type of stuff--but, the next morning...it's all gone.

The movie nights ARE so much fun! We do that too!

Lori Huntsman said...

I love the new picture. I can't wait to see the kids. You made me cry about what the kids said about your old apartment. And then I cried some more reading about your Friday night sleepovers. I'm such a boob! You have to wait until I get there to see HSM3. I want to watch Payton watching it. He's soooo funny. Hopefully, we're counting down now....four days left.