Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom, I love this car

Last week we made a trip to Costco. I miraculously talked Andy into coming with me. (he hates the crowds) He had actually planned to just sit in the car but decided to come in with the kids. Somehow the car keys fell out of his pocket while chasing kids. We thought maybe he'd just left them in the car but after two random nice guys helped me get the car window down, we soon realized our original thought of 'their somewhere in Costco' quickly returned. Thankfully after the 4th time of asking the front desk if someone had found them, they answered yes. Sweet. We later found out we had broke the tracking on the window. It also rained all week but oh well. I took it to the dealer this week and they said it would take two days to fix because they had to order a part. I currently drive Andy to and from work so I have to have a car. They were very helpful and gave me a free rental car. I heard the guy say, "Give her the Uplander." I first thought it was an SUV and thought that was so much sweeter than a little car. If you know me you could only imagine my excitement when they pulled up with a gold mini-van. If you don't and you're imagining jumping, singing, dancing then you are sadly mistaken. Nothing against them or any of you fabulous people who drive them. Andy and I just don't like them. Don't take it personal. It was easy with the kids though and I didn't know what to do with all the room. All kidding aside, I was really very grateful cause the Dealer was extremely nice and helpful to us. Andy about died laughing when I picked him up from work. Payton said, "Mom, just tell dad that we got a new car."
It had a lot of gadgets including a DVD so the kids were so happy. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of us in the van. Yep... So when we had to take it back Payton said, "Mom, I don't want to cause I love this car." I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be but we still won't be getting a van. And even if it says Mercedes, it's still a van!
We now have our little Cavalier back. Toys, dried toast, dents and everything...including a new set of extra keys just for and emergency.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I hear you when it comes to the van. We'll only drive an SUV. But a van is more family friendly. Fun to try something new for a change huh?

Ashley said...

Strangely enough, I feel the same way about mini-vans. Course, I'm not a fan of SUV's either. You should check out the "cross-over" types. They are a cross between a car and a mini-van. My dream car is the Dodge Pacifica. Get the room, but not the "mini-van feel". I remember when we got to drive a Dodge Magnum for a whole week while our car was getting worked on. That's a nice car too!

Lori Huntsman said...

Oh, I want you to keep it too. Poor Payton....someday you'll have a new car.

Heidi said...

ok so first its a good thing the other "Heidi" has a picture!!!
I am kinda with you on the mini van thing, that ws until I got a real SUV and had to buy gas for it OUCH! so I think I should have bought a mini van. My kids love the IN car DVD players also. I fact we always have to take Debbies car for that reason and even if we are going around the block he has to watch a movie!!!
Someday I to will have a nice car!!! HAHA (i wish i had a cavalier right now, especially one thats paid for) Love yeah!!!!!!!