Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blue snow?

The other day we got, yet, another snow storm. The kids put their gear on and were excited to go out. Poor Halle just gets all the hand me downs that don't quite fit yet. It was so funny watching her try and walk in over-sized boots and overalls.

Good thigh exercise. Not that it exactly works for me, but maybe it could you. Good old airplane with the kids. A daily activity at our home.

Every time I take a picture, Payton insists on having at least two more 'pose' pictures. This is his sad face. My poor sad child.
OK, so I stole this idea from my cousin. It looked so fun that we started doing a color day. This was our first day and the kids loved it. Payton has had a hard time with colors and this seems to really help. The color they chose is of course blue. We ran all through the house finding blue. They basically just threw it all in a pile. No way to really show it nicer. Just a pile of blue! They picked out blue clothes and/or jammies. If I was a super-mom, I'd be creative and do blue food or whatever.Oh well, maybe I'll try and be super next week.



4 comments:

Ashley said...

Color days are such a cool idea! I never did it with my kids (I wasn't cool) but we did it with my preschoolers back in the day when I taught. Wait until your kids start asking for "fuschia days" and "periwinkle days" when they discover that not every color they see is one of the basics. Then it gets really interesting...and fun! You are a cool mom!

mamasteph said...

What a great activity! I may just have to borrow this one! Way to be creative!

Lori Huntsman said...

That is way fun. I'd never heard of that. Good way to learn colors. Smart idea. Way to go!!!

Raegan said...

How are you guys feeling? I think we're almost over our illness here! Thank heaven... until next week. That is a TON of blue stuff! Cute idea. You are a cute Mom to actually do it!