Sunday, February 15, 2009

40 Degrees, Let's go Swimming!

It has seemed like a very long winter for the kids and I. Without a car during the week we can only do so much in the house. Andy wanted to get away for the weekend so we found this indoor water park close to our friends house in Connecticut. I didn't realize how many of these places actually exist. It was a ton of fun for the kids, once they got used to the water anyway. (Not as warm as I would have liked). It's a little different swimming in 100 temperatures outside. It was decorated really cool with life-like beach paintings on the wall and palm trees. I loved not having to worry about sun screen.

Basically the have a huge building with all sorts of slides, big and small for all ages. Rope swings, water basketball, and a lazy river which was our favorite. And then there was this gigantic playground/slide. It had an enormous bucket at the top that would fill and dump water every few minutes. Looked cool but the kids were scared of it, especially Halle. We learned to time it though so they could enjoy the kiddie slides. And thanks to Grandma Gold, they new they'd love the spa and spent most of their time there.

She sure LOVES her swimming suit.

They had cute holes all over that sprayed water up.

It was great fun but I still think I prefer being HOT in cool water. Must have been just me but I wished the water was all warm like the spa. :) The kids loved it though and I was so glad we went. They now are counting down the days until we can go swimming outside! Until then, we'll just have to stick to long "Bumble" baths.




4 comments:

Lori Huntsman said...

They look like they had a ball! Wish they had something like that here. Great way to get out of the snow and cold.

mamasteph said...

I'm glad you guys found somewhere fun to go! It looks like the kids had a blast!

Heidi said...

WOW that is so funny they have a pool just like that (almost exactly, with the bucket, lazy river and all) right here in LEHI!!! This one here is nice to because the water is warm! Althought to me its kind of gross to have warm water because all I think about is the gross things in the water!!!
What fun we wnated to get away as well but NOPE we didnt!!!

When you come up this summer we will so go there, Its and indoor and outdoor pool so much fun!!!!

Brown Family said...

See you guys are tons of fun! Who needs the sun right? I do! Come visit, we're in the 60's this week!