Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just Like Dad.....?

I love the little things that kids choose to listen to and then hang on to. Ya know, not the things like, we always pick up our toys after playing, but the Lion spits out his water on Madagascar and then they decide to do it too...all over the TV.
The other day, Andy and I were talking about the rotation he just finished in OB. He was able to participate in a lot of C-sections and repairing surgeries. He was telling me about the doctor giving him the knife to do the cut and so on.
He then continued to tell me about how much he loves his new/current rotation of Ortho. His second day he did a knee surgery and he was explaining how many saws and tools actually go into a replacement.
This of course is 'normal' dinner talk at our house for some strange reason. Payton looked up and asked him, "Dad, why do you cut babies?"
Dad, "what?"
"Why do you cut the babies?"
Andy just started laughing so I told him that sometimes, the babies are too big so they cut the mommies belly to take out the baby and then put a big band aid on it. :)
"Oh" he said.
The next morning, Payton kept asking where his Handy Manny saw was. He said, "Cause I'm a doctor and I have to cut the babies!! I get my cut and then my hammer and go bam bam!" Basically he's an all around doctor who can do childbirth, plastic surgery and knee replacements all at the same time. I know we should be so proud. He just doesn't listen to what we say now. :) Luckily he's only seeing Halle's dolls as patients for now.

3 comments:

mamasteph said...

HaHaHa! That is awesome! I totally know what you mean about the picking up on what they want to...wouldn't it be nice if they only picked up on what WE wanted them to? Here's to hoping he sticks to the dolls! :)

Ian and Lara said...

That is hilarious! Just don't let him near Halle! :)

Lori Huntsman said...

I knew he was brilliant!!!! What a boy! I loved it.