Sunday, March 27, 2011

Projects


I had a realization a while ago that, wow, I own my own house.  Yep, I've lived here a year and just finally came to that conclusion.  We are so used to renting or living in someones else's home that I forget so easily that this is our house and we can do what we want. (Well, except to the yard because of the no life people who run the HOA.)  But I'm obviously not bitter...Anyhow, I am so sick of having white walls!  The actuality of having to paint ALL the walls however is exhausting in the the very thought. It doesn't help that the kids love moving (since we've done it so frequently) and keep finding our 'next' house as they say.   I've been pretty stressed recently though and decided painting is good therapy.  So I am finally getting to work. 
Payton LOVES football so we decided to go with this. 

It was actually really easy to do.  So I wasn't paying attention, so one team has more players than the other. So, so, so ,so.. :) I'll get back to it-sometime.  Andy hates the play too but like I said, so. :)
Payton loves it and in his eyes I'm genius. ha ha
I actually love it so much it's inspired me to get going on the rest of the house.  Color makes me so much happier and hopefully soon it will be comfy and really feel like "our home". 
We HATE our backyard and even thought it's moving slow, it's still moving forward. Love that my hubby is handy, and he is SO lucky to have married an amazing gal like me who can boss him so well and make a great deck like this.  Dad came and helped too and the kids even carried and lay boards.  Our first project as a family.  Few things more to finish on it but so happy to see it getting there. 

Yeah, we are planting a, I was gonna say garden but basically we are planting a few pots.  Again, lovely HOA people.  Still not used to growing anything in this climate so starting small to make sure I don't just kill everything.  We planted tomatoes, peppers, strawberries and some herbs.  So far though they are growing fabulously.  We'll see if anything comes from them. 
Then there is Boo................
Gotta say, I love, LOVE my dog-she is the best dog, but dang she just makes everything messy.  She doesn't come in the house, but because she lays on the back porch, every time we open the door dirt or hair get dragged in and I just HATE not being able to keep the back deck and my inside floors clean.  It's so dang hot she digs and then covers the porch in muddy prints, etc.  I can't even keep a mat outside clean because she dirtys it.  She is my next project.  How to help her, help me. 

5 comments:

Raegan said...

I can't believe you did that football field! (well actually I can.) You are very crafty! I could never pull that off. I'm glad you're having a great time in your new diggs!

The Larsen's said...

Exciting! Love the football. Can't wait to see what you are doing next. It's about time we see some house photos. Keep 'em comin.

Bobbi Simkins said...

ah the joys of owning a home! the projects never end! I need to do a garden this year...we have lived here 3 yrs now so i just need to. good job on the football wall :)

Dave and Mel said...

that is AMAZING!!! and you say you're not crafty....ha!

Debbie said...

I LOVE how the football wall turned out! So super cute. And the deck looks GREAT!! You guys did such a good job! No clue on what to tell you about the Boo situation though. This would be just one more reason we don't have pets. I just do NOT need the extra messes in addition to what my kiddos already create! :)