Happy Mother's Day!! We love you :)
I always have mixed feelings about Mother's Day. (I feel the same about Father's Day and Valentines Day for other various reasons.) However, it's not because I don't love my mother, she's great-it's me who feels the pressure to be a perfect mother like the ones in all the stories on Mother's Day. I love my kids, I'm eternally grateful for them, but I'm not always baking and sweet sounding, especially when they are driving me crazy throwing tantrums or coloring on the tv or whatever..I liked our Relief Society teacher today who talked about each of us having our own trials and we're all just trying to get to the same place. Some of us are at different points on that path and that's ok. Motherhood is hard and fun, full of worry and joy and every emotion put together. Andy comes home from work with stories of really crappy moms who truly don't take care of their kids, who do drugs, and beat their kids. I'm not a crappy mother! But each of us can always be better. I guess I could play barbies a little bit longer (with a smile on my face) and sing Camp Rock just one more time, or not kick a booty for taking scissors to the flat screen...:) jk. Today I feel good. I feel appreciation that I can even be a mother. So tomorrow I'm gonna bake some cookies, and be the best Mary Poppins mom there is. Only, I'm not getting up until 7:30!
I LOVE my mom. I could fill several posts about all the great things she did/does. I won't cause she'd get embarrassed but I'll write a 'few' things. I wish she could know how wonderful she is. My mom is the most unselfish person I know. She would help anyone. She is a very hard worker and a great example to me in many aspects. She is smart, beautiful, funny, fun, scaredy cat, ticklish, loving, caring, and addicted to Twilight. :) I miss her, my kids miss her and we can't wait to see her this summer.
Andy's mom is amazing. She too has a list of qualities that won't fit on a simple blog post. People make jokes about mother-in-laws, but I don't get them.. I love mine. She is wonderful and I'm grateful for her. She's a great example to me and my kids and we are so happy to have her close by to visit and have fun. Both our mothers have done a lot for us-more than we deserve or can ever repay. We are so very blessed.
Happy Mother's Day. :)
2 comments:
That was a VERY sweet post Kristen! It brought tears to my eyes. We really are all just trying to get through a day... I miss you more than you will ever know. My thoughts continually go to you. Give the kids a squeeze! Miss you.
Hope your Mother's day was wonderful! What a thoughtful post!
Post a Comment