Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yep, the New Year Came


Christmas time was just holly jolly around here.  We were so happy to have mom come visit.  The kids get so excited they can hardly contain their little bodies from complete hyper sugar combustion.  Mom got to stay the week but for us it's never long enough.  I finally managed to convince her that we do have stores out here and that she could buy presents, yes, even a few days before Christmas and not have to mail a ton of stuff.  Besides, the kids had been naughty and I loved having no presents under the tree yet.  Made the coal threats, ahem, jokes more fun.  We had fun staying up late and shopping around like frantic elves ya know. 
Christmas Eve we all headed up to Andy's parents.  Kiddos love getting together with their cousins.  Complete fun-ditty chaos.  They all have great imaginations and I need to start writing down all the crazy games and sayings they come up with.  Halle told me that she had learned to do the 'dirty diaper'.  FYI-that means she can hang upside down on the swinging handle bars by her legs.  ??? WTH :) 

Awe, don't they look so sweet and innocent? 
                                     
 This pic reminds me of when I was a kid.  Ya know-parents are all inside chatting away and we could do all sorts of unlawful things such as breaking the 'one person recommend at a time' rule on the trampoline.  I can't mention to my kids the things that we did (like jump off the house onto the tramp) or I would lose all mean mommy authority ya know.  Still don't believe in those net things though-I know MY kids would for sure get hurt with one of those. :) I love it though-how fun to be a kid and just play, play, play. 
 Gold Family tradition is to have a yummy fancy turkey dinner with all the fixings.  The kids think it's fun getting to drink from Fancy Nancy type glasses and eat on Grandma's china.  We then read the Nativity from the Bible and the kids go Hollywood and act it out.  Payton of course is a very Wiseman.  Can't remember what Halle was but she generally will cry if she can't be the Angel so that would be my guess.  :)
 We then have our talent showcase where it has been known to take hours-hey, we are a very talented family!  Bell choirs, stories, poems, songs, piano solos and dancing.  It's so much fun and I love the traditions we are starting for the kids.  Our kids sang C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S this year and Andy, the boys, and I did a piano and song arrangement. 
Every other year we stay with all the cousins at Grandmas but we headed home this time to spend our first Christmas in our new house.  We quickly learned we have to work on our own little family traditions.  Halle sneeked down early and started opening every ones stalkings and then woke up Payton to tell him what he got.  All while daddy was getting the camera to go wake up the kids.  Luckily we were all awake to open the presents under the tree and it was so fun seeing the kids faces when they opened their gifts.
 Payton got a BB gun to go hunting with dad, a guitar and a microphone stand.  Figure if he's gonna be a rock star he better start practicing his moves now.  :)
 Halle got Rapunzel and Flynn barbies and a dolly stroller.  And of course-Fancy Nancy books. 
 As always when mom comes to visit-it either rains or someone gets sick.  Seriously, no kidding!  Payton was the one to get sick this time.  I was so glad he was able to have a nice Christmas day because that night he got sick with a high fever and literally spent the next 5 days in bed.  I felt bad he didn't get to do much during his school break except lay around.  The rest of us enjoyed doing puzzles and playing the kinect-yes I am the world record holder in the long jump, that's right! Shocking I know.  Actually I hold ALL the records but confidence can get slightly elevated when you play against a 4 year old and your mom. :) Bring it down Kris....
 My sweet beautiful girl.  I just love her!!
 Love, love, love this handsome boy.  He makes me so happy. :)
                                                       Cutie Pies!
 New Years Eve we headed back up to the lake with the fam.  I do miss the snow during the holidays but I love that the kids were able to run around crazy with glow sticks, roast hot dogs and marshmallows and do fireworks all in a long sleeve shirt. 
                                    Awe....

 The fun thing about holidays at the lake is that though you cannot do fireworks on the property-you CAN do them on the lake..I think some of the neighbors have a silent firework rivalry but we don't mind cause we get to sit out and enjoy the show.  I seriously can't believe how much some people would spend on a backyard fireworks but either way, we love it.  Kids had a blast and we love having a good time with family.  Bring on 2011.

No comments: