Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cows and pigs and bears, Oh my!

This week was Fair Day's here so Payton got a day off of school. That alone made him very happy. But the fact that the next day was Halloween just made it a fun weekend for the kids.

Most of the week had been cool and rainy. Actually, a lot rainy. :) Thursday night we received a little over 6 1/2 inches of rain. It was nice though and I enjoyed pulling out a few sweaters and Halle's boots. Because of the rain, the fair rides were shut down. The kids enjoyed seeing some cows, sheep, chickens and a lot of big fat pigs! We were all a little disappointed about the rides so we hopped in the car in set of Adventure. Didn't know where til we got there. :)
We decided to go to the mall and see what movies were playing. Nada! On one of our 'wanders', we saw Build a Bear. We were just checking it out and decided it would be fun.
Payton chose a scruffy dog. (so cute!) The dog "DR" let him put the heart and voice in and then push the pedal to fill it. It was fun that he had a doctor costume. Afterward, he let Payton check the make sure he had a heartbeat.
Halle chose a polar Bear. I think normally she would have wanted a regular bear (here, that would be one with only two paws, not four to buy for!!) :) BUT, they had one on display that had roller skates on and a leash to pull it around. She loved it.
After "life surgery" they get to clean and bathe them. It basically blew a lot of air and was fun.
Payton first found a football costume which was sweet, until he saw a fisherman one.
Totally cute moment. I caught him cuddling his dog. :)

Of course they were very clean after being bathed 5-6 times. :)


Payton named his "Boo". Don't know where he got that one. :) Check out those shades. He actually has a killer hat too. They are so fun, even Andy and I wanted one.

After Several shoe and outfit changes.......Halle had a pink clad polar bear (Sophie) with roller skates and a Helmet.
Thanks Grandma Lori for getting them the bears. Well, Halle's bear barks and Payton's is a dog but they are equally Awesome!!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Looks like you had just as much fun as the fair rides -- plus longer lasting souveniers! I love how excited kids get about little stuffed friends.

Raegan said...

How fun! I have always wanted to take Jack to Build-A-Bear, but the thought of having one more stuffed animal always stops me. Guess I should stop being such a stick in the mud and do it already! To answer your question we got a city elite double jogger and I love, love, love it!

mamasteph said...

Too bad about the fair, but we love Build a Bear! The kids always have a good time when we go! Their animals turned out super cute!