Wednesday, October 28, 2009

School Fun

Still can't believe that my son is old enough to go to school. He started his first day in Utah. He got to go with his friends and cousins and just loved it. I heard several of the moms comment how sad they were to see their kids go. I must be a terrible mom cause I didn't shed a tear. I was so excited for him (and not gonna lie that it's nice to get a little break during the day.) :) After a few weeks, we moved to Texas and he started Kindergarten here. He was very excited about the change until he met his new teacher. They didn't hit if off too well and we had to literally drag him out the door screaming to get there. The principal at this school is amazing though and quickly moved him to another class and he's doing great! He's still adjusting to being gone all day. He's learning a lot though and we are so proud of him.
A while ago, the elementary got to join the football team and sing their fight song. That morning was 'muffins for moms' day so I got to go and watch the early pep rally. Every morning, the first 15 min of school, they have 'Celebration'. They sing, dance, do the flag, etc. It's pretty cool. This day, the high school band came with the cheerleaders and put on a fantastic show. It was loud and crazy with all the kids yelling but I think Payton loved it, especially all the drummers.
At the game, the kids cheered and let off balloons while the team came out.
This was my kids first time at a football game. It was fun to see their excitement.

Of course, Andy and I are ecstatic too!
Everyone around us kept laughing at the kids. They kept cheering for BYU!! Luckily, we didn't get kicked out. :)
School spirit!!

This last week, the school had 'Character Day'. They are really trying to get kids to read so they all got to bring their favorite book and dress up as a character from it. Payton thought this was so cool. I'm an idiot for not getting a picture but he dressed up as a cowboy. His favorite book is, "Mom says I can". I highly recommend this to everyone. It's written by Judy Cooley. It's about a boy searching for the worlds greatest treasure. Each day he pretends to be something else while searching. In the end, he finds the treasure, his mom. Totally cute!

3 comments:

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

cute pictures! i can't believe he is already in school! i'm sure he is loving it. i love the halle picture

mamasteph said...

They grow up so fast!!! I love that ya'll are already introducing them to football games! I miss that!

Brown Family said...

It's so hard to go to all day kindergarten. Fun football game! Hope you're doing well.