Wednesday, July 15, 2009

oh yeah, we've moved.

Since our parents were so kind to come help us move, we thought it only fair to show them a good time. After a fun but rainy day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park, Andy and our parents went to see 'Wicked'. This is a favorite of ours and I'm so glad they were able to see it. The kids and I headed home at the worst time of course, evening traffic. It only took us 1 hr and 45 min but we had our 'Wicked' CD and they sang 'Popular' most of the way.

The next day,(after graduation) our good friends took the kids so we could go on the dinner cruise down the Manhattan East River. It was a 4 hr event and it was amazing. The food was yummy and the views just beautiful. That's really the best way to see the city. Unfortunately, you need a dang nice camera, which I don't have, to get a good night picture. Someday....

Throgs Neck Bridge

The ship crew announced a big 'hooray' to Andy for his graduation that day.
Mom and Dad Gold :)

We couldn't talk them into dancing on the upper deck, but it was still a lot of fun.

Such good little helpers! (with our friend Jack)

We loaded, cleaned and handed over the keys. The guy came to pick up the truck and we just stood there. Now homeless, with a suitcase and our car. :) We had a yummy Indian dinner and before we got out of the restaurant, a huge rain storm hit. So glad we didn't have to move in that! We then headed to DC for the weekend before heading on down to Texas. I'll post those pics soon cause that was a whole other adventure! Nothing with us is ever boring, especially on a road trip. :)






1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Moving is just the pits-I seriously just hate it. I think with anyone it is an adventure.

Hope you guys are able to get settled in soon and get adjusted quickly.