Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catch'n Up

I haven't been able to get to my pictures until now so I wanted to catch up on a few things before I get to our current excitement. :)
A while ago we went to visit our friends and help them weed their garden. There was a lot of mud on the ground since NY had gotten rain almost every day for two weeks!! Andy kept getting after Payton to stay clear from the mud. Payton was being a good boy listening but accidentally dropped his ball and crossed the mud to get it and just like a clip from funniest home videos, he flew up in the air and landed on his butt. Andy didn't see what happened but turned to see him stuck in the mud. Took a minute to explain how funny it really was so he didn't get in trouble. :) Had to drive home so Payton got sprayed off and couldn't stop laughing.



One of the nice things about living in NY is that if you want to get rid of something, you just leave in on the sidewalk. We've scooped up a lot of fun toys that way. Halle has really been wanting a scooter and sure enough, a neighbor threw one out.


Our neighbor, Steven, who lives below us. He is so funny and cute. We play with him about every day. I feel a little bad for his parents cause it's hard to keep my kids in line all the time. Every time we go outside, Halle and Payton just say, "Steven, come out and play!" He runs to the window and then I guess talks him mom into letting him come out. Or, if I'm going downstairs to do laundry, Halle just yells under his door. "Steven, I see your feet, come play!" So embarrassing! Luckily they are really nice. He doesn't speak much English at all but we have a great time.
Our other daily activity is to go the the park across the street. We have a REALLY nice park. This side is the beach park and we love burying each other in the sand.

These are the outdoor toys we've gotten from the neighbors, all FREE of course. What a loot!

I also had a birthday in May. Dang, I really need to catch up. It was one of my best birthdays. Andy and the kids brought me breakfast in bed, made a cake, and sang Happy Birthday. We had a fun day just playing outside in the water and at the park. We had a yummy lunch on the pier with 'Uncle Mike' and a great girls night with my friend Raegan. So glad the day was fun and I was able to forget how old I'm getting!!





1 comment:

Tammy said...

The toys are very cool, I'm all for having used items. My only question is, when you moved did the toys go with you?