Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fun at the Zoo

Zanna, James and Payton


This last Saturday the kids and I went to the Queens Zoo with our good friends, Mel, Zanna and James. The Queens Zoo is small and mainly animals from America. We were sad the alligator wasn't there this time but we did get to watch them feed the sea lions which was fun. The great thing about this zoo is that you can see the whole thing in an hour or two. The kids especially like feeding the goats and cows. Coming from a farming community I still find it funny that they have coyotes, pigs and cows at the zoo. At home they are everyday annoyances. It was great fun though.
Halle had fun making noises at all the animals. She pulled her ponytail out so her stand up hair made her fit right in at the zoo. Hence the picture above. Everywhere we go, people stop and look at her and then us. They are amazed by her red hair and ask where she came from. uh, ME!! Yes, they have the same dad. Natural reds do happen. Maybe for her we'll start charging for a close up.


2 comments:

Dave and Mel said...

I wanted to be first to comment on your awesome blog! It looks great and whoever took those pictures from the zoo is an amazing photographer :) That was a very fun outing with you guys!

Ashley said...

I always say that Halle went to the wrong family. When I learned she was a red-head I was so jealous! She's fit right in with our family.

I can't get over how much Payton looks like Andy. Wow--a spittin' image of my awesome twin!

Gotta remember that some of us grew up in the city. But, there was a time when Jaren and I lived with chickens, ducks, and peacocks (but I guess that wouldn't quite be called a farm). I do miss the free, fresh eggs every morning.