Friday, September 16, 2011

April Activities

 Dad rarely gets time off work, so when he has a short 2 days, we try to do something fun.  We headed to San Antonio since we've never been before.  I've heard lots of nice things about it.  I'm guessing that we obviously didn't have enough time because I didn't get what everyone was talking about.
We saw a few really nice places though.  We went to the Alamo and I thought the grounds and old building there were really neat. 
 They have a lot of artifacts there and you can visualize what is must have been like.  It's really amazing when you think about it.  Texas history baby.   I loved this tree.  I wish the picture could do it justice. 
 Never shy to have her picture taken. 
 I didn't remember much about the Alamo history so it was nice to have a tour and hear them tell about it.  I love the architecture of the buildings.  It was a super hot day, especially for this early in the year. We didn't have time to do the River walk. I hear it's the best thing about San Antonio.  We were able to see a drunk guy pass out and another guy rob him and leave him in the bushes though.  That was exciting. ;)
 We hit Sea World, which is kind of weird since the sea is pretty far away from here.  Again, it was REALLY hot so we were happy to see lots of water and splashing about.  They had a nice water park that the kids enjoyed.  Halle was sad cause she was too short to go on a lot of rides. We went on the one ride she could about 10 times though. :)
 Of course, ya gotta have a pic of the orca.  It really is amazing to me how they teach them all these tricks.
 The kids really enjoyed getting to feed the dolphins.  Thanks to my hubby, they are used to touching dead fish all the time and they managed to make many little dolphin meals out of the few fish they had.
 The sharks are my favorite exhibit but I can never get a good picture in there.  The kids were kind of mellow, mostly due to the heat, but they keep talking about it so I guess they had a great time.  Honestly they are always more excited about staying in a hotel than anything else on our trips.  I'm going to start just going to a hotel and call it good. Save a lot of $  :) 
 Our yearly Easter tradition wouldn't be complete without decorating eggs.  Every time we do this they say, "Mom, this is my favorite!  We should do this every day!".  They were trying to come up with a list of other foods that we could color and eat every day.
 We had several Egg hunts.  Well, Halle anyway.  Payton was at school. :(  A group of our friends had a little hunt and picnic at the park.  We each brought eggs and the kids were so fun to watch running around gathering eggs.  I don't know how they didn't see us throwing them out before we started, but yet they kept saying.  "Wow, that bunny sure left a lot of eggs!"  We actually did see a bunny.  It was deemed too small to be the 'real' Easter bunny.  They claimed it must be it's kid.

                                                 The gang. 
We also had a fun activity and hunt at the library.  Halle read stories, made crafts and found lots of eggs around the books.  She couldn't figure out why the bunny would leave them in the library though. :)
 Our last hunt was at a friends house.  It was SO funny watching.  The kids took it serious and had races to see who could gather the most eggs.  They were literally speeding around.  Can't remember who won, but everyone had big smiles. 

                             "Look at me mom!"  
These two crack me up!! Heaven help us with these little diva's.  This is seriously how they posed when I asked to take a picture.  :)

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Just wait, once you live in Texas long enough than you'll understand why San Antonio is so cool! ;) Kidding! You should definitely do the Riverwalk next time, it is awesome! And I always loved going to the Alamo...probably because they REALLY focus on that in Texas History in schools there! Your kid's look so grown up!!!